Senior Structural Analysis Engineer
The structural analysis engineer will perform and check stress, fatigue, and damage tolerance analyses for primary and secondary airframe structures. The structures will include pressurized and un-pressure fuselage, wing, empennage, landing gear, flight controls, interior components and payloads. The structural analysis engineer will work withinternal and external customers including airframe, mechanical, propulsion, and avionics design groups, customer field service, manufacturing liaison and MRB, vendors and supply chain.
ExperienceRequired: 3-6 Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform static strength, fatigue, and damage tolerance analysis based on various loading conditions or combination of load conditions that included flight loads, ground loads, emergency loads, vibration loads, installation loads, environment induced loads, abuse loads, etc.
- Design and analyze structural repairs for in-service aircraft.
- Support manufacturing liaison / MRB and customer field support.
- Document stress analysis in informal report system for each drawing.
- Write formal documentation of analysis results, assumptions, methodology, and techniques for FAA and foreign civil authority certification.
- Review and approve vendor drawings, stress reports, and test reports.
- Plan and support structural tests as required.
- Solve typical structures engineering problems associated with the research, design, development and manufacture of the aircraft.
- Coordinate with vendors, design groups, manufacturing liaison, field service support and other groups as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BachelorDegree in Engineering (Aero, Civil, Mechanical or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5years of airframe structural analysis experience.
- Experience performing static analysis hand calculations.
- Experience preparing structural analysis technical documentation, covering static, fatigue and damage tolerance.
- Familiar with relevant FAA certification requirements.
- Knowledge of repair design and substantiation of metallic and composite structure.
- Strong computer skills, utilizing common tools such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access.
- Familiar with engineering analytical tools such as FEMAP, NX NASTRAN, and MathCAD.
- Good knowledge of using NASTRAN software to perform linear and nonlinear finite element analysis.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed drawings, design requirements, and technical reports and data.
- Experience with composite materials and classic laminate theory analysis.
- Experience using Siemens NX CAD software
- Experience using Siemens TeamCenter PDM software
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Associate, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, this description does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer or as responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions evolve.
To perform this job successfully, an Associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, function in the work environment and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job ID: ENG-053