This position works with the Rogers’ AR process engineering group and cooperates with other Kennametal Manufacturing plants and engineering groups worldwide to identify opportunities and improve processes through the application of new equipment and systems, improved programming techniques, process evaluation/improvements, material handling, and other engineering related areas. Experience developing a functional description of an automation solution, selection and specification of automation components including robotic systems, servos, controls, vision systems, and mechanical components required. Experience commissioning automation equipment, programming (ladder logic, structured text, robot controllers), reviewing or approving electrical, mechanical, pneumatic / hydraulic schematics, developing database reporting functions preferred.
- Develops and/or transitions new and/or improved processes to manufacturing, which includes the preparation of procedures and other manufacturing documentation. Provides on-site assistance for trouble-shooting, quality improvements, capability issues, productivity improvement and capital purchases.
- Drives process improvements, capital installation and new process introductions.
- Activities will include developing plans and budgets, team selection, assigning activities, conducting progress reviews, launching corrective actions, assuring all EHS guidelines and requirements are met and reporting progress to ISCL management.
- Works with purchasing and outside vendors to obtain necessary capital equipment. Develops the preparation of functional specifications and then evaluates alternatives (attending tool shows, seminars, and various training sessions is required to keep up with state-of-the-art developments.)
- Modified CNC controller programs and related software to expand/enhance the capabilities of the equipment, reduce setup-cycle times, and reduce scrap. Provides CNC and/or programming support as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree Required - Advanced Degree Preferred
- 5-8 years experience preferred