LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a Deputy Project Manager for our Herndon, VA or High Point, NC office location.
In this position you will: Under limited direction, implement complex projects that meet or exceed customer needs. Assist in the execution and monitoring of project activities, and other duties as required by the Project Manager.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In the absence of the Program Manager, perform in his/her capacity and in accordance with delegated authority
- Utilize project plans and schedules to manage and report against customer requirements. These plans may address items such as Requirements analysis and tracking, Risk Management, Configuration and Change Management, Project Staffing, CWBS, OBS, IMP, IMS, Financial, etc.
- Implement projects as planned, assess the financial impact of the project and search for opportunities to mitigate all risks and to increase margins
- Support and insure all contract deliverables are complete, accurate, and submitted in accordance with contract requirements
- Prepare and update project plans and status reports
- Plan, coordinate and lead or participate in internal and external meetings. Develop and present appropriate presentation materials for meetings as required.
- Interface with the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), Contracting Officer (CO), Government personnel, and agency representatives.
- Interface with, collaborate and manage project team members including internal staff, vendors and subcontractors
- Interface with and support project operations and controls, IPT leads, and CAMs to achieve project objectives, to include EVM data collection and analysis, variance analysis and reporting, internal and external reporting, and baseline change management
- Assist in the development, update, and analysis of project ETCs and EACs
- Create and/or review SOWs and POs to support the procurement of products and services required for each project
- Assist in formulation and enforcement of work standards, assigning contractor work schedules, reviewing all work products and services, ensuring all Tasks and Deliverables are performed in conformance with contracts, and billing is both accurate and timely.
- Support all established processes, EVMS, ISO, Quality, etc. Ensure established processes and tools are utilized in the implementation of all projects.
- Assist in compiling and analyzing lessons learned to support continuous process improvement with an emphasis on improving efficiencies, lowering risks, reducing overall costs and improving customer satisfaction of future projects. Support best practice standardization.
- Ensure that quarterly revenue goals are met
- Assist in the research, preparation and writing of new proposals and/or ECPs on existing project
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or combination of education and 4-6 years of related experience or a combination of education and experience
- Customer interface experience
- Experience managing matrix teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and other software applications as required
- Knowledgeable of US Government contracts and a variety of contract types (fixed price, cost plus, time & material, etc.)
- Knowledge of EIA-748-C Earned Value Management System (EVMS) guidelines and principles, including government reporting requirements
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Management System and CMMI-DEV processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in Project Planning, baseline, monitor and control, and change management methodologies
- Experience with cost and schedule analysis and communication skills to assist Control Account Managers with variance analysis.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal communications with internal and external organizations
- Experience with direct personnel management
- Experience supporting multiple, geographically dispersed organizations and functions
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.