Job ID 31971 # of Openings Remaining 1 Experience (Years) 10 Discipline Mining
Our Mining group works with some of the world's largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods / mine development and complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, and mine ventilation. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Stantec's mining group is hiring a Senior Document Controller to join our team in Tempe, AZ.
Specific responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Collaborates with DMDC Manager, Project Managers, and Technical Leads to develop, implement, and enforce project-specific templates and procedures, as appropriate, while ensuring they conform to company standards.
- Ensures workload is evenly distributed / delegated to DMDC project team, and that tasks are suitable for each individual’s unique skillsets.
- Provides training and guidance to team members.
- Completes quality assurance / quality control checks of DMDC project team members’ work. Holds DMDC project team accountable for correcting their own mistakes in a timely manner and/or makes the DMDC Manager aware of consistent performance issues.
- Uses intermediate to advanced editing skills while assisting writers in the preparation of various smaller document types
- Formats, tracks / controls, and files various document types. Imports tables, figures, drawings, and photos from other software into Microsoft Word 2010.
- Ensures project deliverables conform to Stantec standards.
- Completes routine follow up and data entry.
- Issues, receives, records, and files project-related communications and records, including incoming data from vendors.
- Attends internal and external meetings. Will be required to type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Follows Stantec electronic filing and naming structure process and procedures.
- Prepares hard copy deliverable packages for issuance to clients and potential clients.
- Provides other clerical / technical support to staff as needed.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communication, business, or related field.
- Experience with document controls software (such as ProjectWise, Aconex, etc.).
- Must be able to delegate tasks to balance workload of assigned DMDC team, with consideration given to each individual’s unique skillsets.
- Must be able to quickly absorb, understand, and use terminology unique to the mining industry.
- Must have good communication skills & presentation skills with the ability to effectively present information to a large audience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have the ability to quickly learn new software applications to improve speed and efficiency.
- Must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in completion of tasks and cross‑referencing of information in several documents and logs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and possess flexibility when juggling numerous projects simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be available to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines. May be requested to work weekends or come in early.