Mission Statement and Core Values
Athletico’s sole purpose is to provide exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury. This is accomplished through building on our core values of patient/client satisfaction, accountability, teamwork and continuous improvement, which are the foundation for our unique culture.
The Facility Manager’s role is for the development and supervision of the day to day operations of the rehabilitation facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Manager and/or Director of Services, the Facility Manager is responsible for:
- Exceptional patient care and service.
- Manage daily operations of respective facility.
- Maintain physical environment of facility and equipment.
- Make recommendations for purchase of new equipment.
- Perform monthly analysis of facility statistics (volume, parity, referral sources).
- Develop yearly service and marketing plans for respective facility.
- Coordinate and lead marketing efforts for facility.
- Organize and lead quarterly staff meetings, and oversee clinical staff meetings.
- Conduct interviews and hire qualified individuals for clinical, support, and administrative positions.
- Oversee professional development and education of staff.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and 90 –day reviews for professional staff, assistants and office managers, and provide input on other facility-related appraisals.
- Complete semi-annual bonus forms for eligible employees.
- Oversee daily schedule and staffing.
- Perform direct patient care and Athletic Training/Community Service.
- Oversee QA Contact and assist with data collection as necessary.
- Coordinate orientation of new employees with corporate office.
- Providing interpretation of prescriptions, performing an initial evaluation, and establishing a treatment plan with functional goals.
- During the treatment period, responsible for upgrading the treatment and the goals.
- Periodic and timely written communication to physicians.
- Determining appropriate time and discharge and patient follow-up.
- Supervising rehabilitation aides with patient care and administrative staff as needed.
- Supervising of PTA and Therapist if applicable
- Community Services (such as):
- Hosting a booth at a health related fair.
- Presenting an in-service on orthopedic injuries or prevention.
- Providing coverage to special events such as sport camps, races, tournaments & lectures.
- Performing complimentary screenings to the public with appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Daily paperwork. All PT’s are responsible for documenting all treatment in patient charts and completing all written communications in a timely manner, i.e., initial evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries, daily S.O.A.P. notes, charge slips, functional capacity evaluations and daily totals sheets, and insurance/plan of care forms as necessary.
- The Facility Manager is also responsible for continuing to establish and develop professional relations with Athletico’s valued referral sources including:
- Physician contacts – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance services in the Chicago area.
- Physician office visits – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider of Rehabilitation, Fitness and Performance services in the Chicago
- Accompanying patients to their physician visits (patient visits).
- Interoffice communication and follow up.
- Staff in-services, community in-services, attendance at continuing education courses, and follow-up summary of all continuing education courses to staff members.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform additional duties as required
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s (i.e. Exercise Science related field), Masters or Doctorate Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program, Occupational Therapy Program, or Athletic Training Program
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current State Professional licensure
- Current CPR Certification
- Energetic and a team player
- Able to demonstrate compassion toward patients
- Service oriented
- Required to sign a Protection of Interest Agreement
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel, and reach with hand and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
- Travel may be required to existing or new Athletico locations or corporate onsite meetings
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Internal office
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low