- Manage supplier contract/price negotiations as it pertains to Investment Projects. Dollar ranges up to $200 MM/year. Achieve savings > $5 MM/year.
- Reach agreement on procurement cost for the project with the ordering party or project manager, control procurement costs, and ensure costs stay within project procurement budgets.
- Represent Evonik Indirect Procurement within the capital project team. Travel can reange from 20% up to 50% of the time
- Be responsible for coordination of Indirect Procurement functions for the capital project.
- Define procurement workflow including interface to external procurement service providers (e.g., EPCM) and ensure execution, where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, technical degreepreferred.
- 5 years purchasing experience in a related field of expertise, or in other fields with focus on internal and/or external customers, or a minimum 8years experience in chemical industry experience with five (5) years experience Purchasing Agent or Engineer.
- Must possess knowledge of business law, accounting principals, state taxlaws, "Occupational Safety & Health Act" (OSHA), "Environmental Protection Agency" (EPA) and state licensing regulations, as well as a basic understanding of Quality Management Systems.