Covenant Eyes strives to innovate and iterate on our websites. From helping first-time visitors learn why pornography is harmful to helping Accountability Partners see the most important information on Accountability Reports for better conversations, we want to create online experiences that bridge the gap between technology and relationships.
We’re looking for web developers who take pride in writing reusable, standards-compliant code and working in a collaborative team environment to build and maintain customer-facing web applications and virtualized unix server architectures. The ideal candidate will be familiar with responsive development using frameworks like Foundation, and working with an automated build pipeline like Bower or Grunt. We believe in using the best tools available, so the ideal candidate will also be comfortable learning and applying new technologies and techniques quickly.
As a part of our web team, you’ll enjoy access to a friendly community of developers and designers who work together both in-person at our spacious offices in Owosso and online throughout the US.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with PHP/WordPress and WordPress theme development
- Passionate about Web Standards, semantic markup, and CSS layout
- Familiar with version control (Git preferred) and content management methodologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiar with APIs
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience with Apache and MySQL
- Familiar with agile software development
- Familiar with development and maintenance of web-based applications using an established web framework (Python and Django experience preferred)
- Familiar with basic principles of graphic design
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and adhere to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and resourceful
- Looking for a focused, team-oriented environment in which to grow
- Front End Frameworks – Foundation / Bootstrap
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good problem-solver, with an analytical mind.
- Independent: Able to grasp high level product requirements and translate these to running software effectively.
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees projects throughout their lifecycle, from development to deployment. Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed.
- Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work.
- Accountable: Should be a results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality work.
- Flexible and adaptable. Should be able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.