Job ID 2017-3735
As an Executive Creative Director, you are a Senior Agency Manager and will help lead a Creative department within our Brand Experience Practice as part of a collaborative, fully integrated digital agency. You infuse creativity into the agency in general and into our client work. You interface directly with your peers in the practice, account teams, clients and potential clients as an agency leader for creative.
Executive Creative Directors are seasoned strategic & conceptual thinkers with a keen business sense. They formulate the innovative concepts that support a company’s brand, marketing, product, or web development goals. They keep their teams of art directors, designers, copywriters, photographers and video producers/editors inspired and ensure that their creative output adheres to the highest standards and delivers business results.
A robust portfolio with up-to-date projects that demonstrates the application of current design trends and concepts is required for all applying to this position.
The following reflects the Brand Experience Practice leadership’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The leadership team may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Participates in the Creative Leadership team and helps to set standards and processes for the Brand Experience Practice; helps create clear role expectations and leverages industry standards to move the team forward within Perficient Digital.
- Sets the creative vision for projects/engagements and sees that vision realized by working with other UX and Design team members.
- Coaches the creative team on delivering high quality work on time and on budget while developing important skills such as collaboration, presentation, strategy, facilitation and leadership.
- Participates in strategic planning sessions regarding client projects, programs and campaigns. Works, inconjunction with the Creative Leadership team, to cultivate an increasingly effective and profitable client/agency relationship.
- Develops innovative team empowerment and growth programs to ensure the creative team operates at the highest level. Evaluates creative personnel, establishing creative account assignments, and contributes to team decision-making.
- Works fluidly with senior team leaders as a strong advocate for the future of Perficient Digital. Helpsto develop new models, ideas and solutions around creative involvement in new client work, large-scale campaigns, agile web development and new business.
- Represents agency in various professional societies, groups, speaking opportunities or associations deemed appropriate by senior management.
- Assists in new business pursuits as part of an integrated team representing Perficient and Perficient Digital.
- Proven background in creative leadership roles at integrated agencies with demonstrable expertise in digital.
- Conceptual thinking. The ability to explore and shape creative ideas and align them with strategic brand goals of Perficient Digital and its clients.
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process as well as new platforms and technologies for the digital channel and related mediums.
- Expert ability in providing clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Proven leadership skills. Provide motivation, mentoring and team-building amongst the staff and convey the vision of the agency to the creative team.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations, including new business presentations.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-termneeds.
- One step ahead. Dedicated, consistent monitoring and education on new trends, approaches, techniques, strategies and tactics leading the industry — providing the ability to continually develop cutting edge and effective creative solutions and design.
- Work requires enhanced knowledge of digital marketing, social and media analytics in order to help glean insights and steer creative decisions.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 12+ years of progressively responsible positions in agency environments required.
- Marketing, advertising, design and brand-building experience.
- Extensive experience managing Creative teams/departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, interactive design, or similar program preferred.