The Strategy and Business Operations team is responsible for supporting the Information Innovation Center (IIC) to deliver best-in-class BI, Data, and Analytic services to the enterprise. The Team handles the day to day business operations including planning, portfolio management, spend management, performance reporting, process and policy standardization, and communications.
In this role, you will drive process automation and standardization, support the financial planning and operational reporting requirements, including preparation and presentation of materials to business functions at various levels. You will be expected to think critically about IIC's infrastructure and process complex data sets and workflows into actionable strategies. This position is people, data, process and communications intensive. It requires proactive leadership, critical thinking, independence, agility, analytical, organization and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Program Portfolio planning and management process, artifacts and tools including chairing a Portfolio Review forum, managing the resource management tools, and preparing performance and compliance reports.
- Drive rigor and visibility around key business drivers, metrics and progress of IIC initiatives by crafting, developing and owning operational dashboards, reporting and organizational scorecards.
- You will support spend management, operational reporting, and analysis for the cost portfolio.
- Develop IIC communications approach, mediums and standards.
- Partner with Finance, HR teams to ensure targeted data and metrics available for streamlined decision-making, ad hoc analysis and decision support.
- Evolve operational practices by driving process optimization initiatives.
- Actively evaluate new ways to measure success of the business, build and implement relevant metrics that can provide insights to drive management decisions.
- Manage special project execution as needed.
- Support business reviews, townhalls as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors or Masters’ Degree in a relevant subject.
- 5+ years in a related position. Minimum 8+ years overall experience in the high tech industry preferred.
- You are a self starter with ability to operate independently and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control.
- Good presentation and summarization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to facilitate effective correspondence with partners.
- Ability to turn complex and ambiguous problem statements into structured solutions and partner cross-functionally to act on them.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to assess, research, and translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations.
- Advanced working Excel knowledge with experience in Tableau and/or similar analytics tools/systems.
- An outstanding teammate with a can-do attitude, and consistent record of leading or working with diverse teams across multiple locations.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple asks effectively.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Business Operations experience with a leading technology or software company
- Hands-on experience analyzing cost data and presenting results to management
- Experience leading Process improvement or Six Sigma initiatives.
- Strategic approach to problem-solving and proactive troubleshooting abilities
- Executive presence, with the ability to address and influence both executive and mid-level management audiences
- Program management experience and/or PMP certified
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID R172066