The Global Human Resources Senior Manager will serve as the HR leader with primary responsibility for the Global Operations teams for the Appliances Business Unit. Client groups include:
- All 7 manufacturing sites in China, Czech Republic, Italy (Country BU), and USA,
- Global Operations (Procurement, Quality, Materials, Footprint, Manufacturing Development) Total number of employees = ~5,600.
He/She will be a key partner to the VP of Global Operations of the Appliances Business Unit, and responsible for delivering an HR strategy that supports innovation and technical capability development and career pathing.
He/She will be responsible for ensuring that the talent processes, plans, programs and tools support the Appliance business unit's strategy, enhance organizational capability, and foster employee engagement and innovation across the global operations community.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and confidant to the VP, Global Ops for the Appliances Business Unit as well as the rest of the global operations team on all aspects of human resources helping to ensure that the business has the right talent today - and are anticipating future talent needs.
- Work with leaders in Appliances and across TE to lead the HR strategy for global operations, developing succession plans, leadership development plans, career planning tools, and measuring / communicating results.
- Build out the HR & talent strategy for global operations, which will include workforce planning, succession planning, talent development and providing innovative solutions to the business sometimes beyond the HR function.
- Help ensure that the HR function is viewed by its clients, at all levels to be expert, confident, strategic, effective and vital to the organization’s success.
- Be well-versed in HR best practices and look for continuous improvement at all times. This will include playing a key leadership role in designing and implementing change programs.
- Deliver effective communications and provide leadership for the implementation of HR policies and processes across global operations.
- Develop innovative programs that identify the "right person in the right place, at the right time, with the right cost."
- Play a key role in implementing change programs. This will include organization design, organization effectiveness, cultural assessment, etc.
- Be approachable and a trusted confidant to those across the business at all levels. This will ensure that he/she will be able to anticipate needs, changes, etc.
- Serve as a coach (vs a manager) for the local site HRBPs, seeking to enable and grow their development and capabilities as HR leaders in their own sites.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Professional Experience and Key Achievements:
This team member will have a firm foundation in functional HR best practices as well as sound business acumen and judgement. He/She will be a hands-on leader with an equal blend of strategy and project management / operations. This team member will be adept at collaborating across various functions, levels and geographies.
- Bachelor's degreerequired; preferably in Business or Human Resources discipline, MBA, Master's degree in Human Resources, or related field desired.
- 10+ years of broad HRexperience, including a proven track record of serving as a human resources or talent. Ideally, he/she will have experience in talent management, talent acquisition, or OD COE, or similar experience in setting up and/or running talent management and development programs in a Fortune 500 company.
- He/She will the ability to be highly effective in a complex, matrix organization, being comfortable with ambiguity.
- He/She will have experience working with people around the world, with significant cross-cultural sensitivity, respect, and adaptability.
- Experience serving as a confidante to multiple business leaders across all facets of talent and business strategy. Must be willing to challenge point-of-views when necessary and offer alternative, constructive suggestions.
- Experience assessing, recruiting, engaging, developing, and motivating employees. He/She will be a good assessor of skills, strengths and weaknesses, and will take action to upgrade as needed.
- Exceptional energy and results-orientation. Strong influencing skills; assertive without being antagonistic or alienating; ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented culture. A track record of influencing across an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations simply, clearly and comfortably.
- A passion, and proven track record, in the areas of process excellence and continuous improvement, with specific examples of experiences to back this up.
Requisition ID: 3388