The Quality Manager is the major point of contact for customer inquire related to official customer quality concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead by example in the practice of safe behaviors
- Ensure Quality team members abide by company EHS policies/procedures and promote the EHS discipline throughout the organization
- Works with Engineering and Program Management on advance quality planning of future programs and ensures that customer and supplier requirements are met through the customer approval process (PPAP) and ensures that all special characteristics identified during product development are monitored using statistical techniques throughout the manufacturing process.
- Accountable and the plant lead for being the Management Representative for the Quality system. Manages the internal auditschedule for TS-16949. Administers all Quality activities as defined in the TS-16949 standards. Ensure that the plant successfully implements applicable World Class Quality Systems, and are certified / compliant with VDA 6.1, ISO/TS16949, etc. as appropriate.
- Manages and provides oversight for the supplier base for both purchased components and raw material. Drive continuous improvement post S.O.P. Supplier Development and Quality performance. This includes leading the corrective action processes for Supplier issues
- Leads problem solving and assists as needed to drive problem resolution and sustainable improvements
- Owns process for control of non-conforming material through material reviews, timely disposition of suspect product, and follow-up to drive corrective actions
- Manages and owns plant PPAP process and improve 1st time approval rate
- Participates in Advance Quality Planning
- Ensure gage qualification, calibration, approval and control is managed
- Manages and leads audits – customer, 3rd party, and internal – through scheduling, task assignments, preparation and required corrective actions Act as a liaison with customers on quality or other customer satisfaction related issues
- Ensure quality control points are effective, including incoming inspection, first piece and in-process inspection, final inspection, and dock audit
- Report on the performance/effectiveness of the quality system, including Management and Leadership, for review and as a basis for continual improvement of the quality system
- Plan, promote, and organize training activities related to product quality
- Support efforts to minimize product and process variability
- Personnel Management
- Manage and people leader of multiple Quality team members through assignments, performance appraisals, technical guidance and support as well as provide coaching and counseling
- Interview and hire candidates for the Quality team to ensure staffing levels and skills are sufficient to accomplish facility and company goals/objectives
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in a technical or quality function. Prefer engineeringdegree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing and/or ASQ certification as CQM. Advanced problem solving expertise in one of the following - Six Sigma, Kepner-Tregoe, or Shainin red-x is preferred.
- Requires 5 years as a Quality Manager or 7 years hands-on experience as a Manufacturing Quality Engineer. Experience must include practicing and implementing Quality Tools & Techniques in a manufacturing environment.
Abilities (i.e. Language Skills, Reasoning Ability, Computer Skills)
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS16949 standard
- Proficient in Core Quality Tools - APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC
- Problem Solving tools such as 8D, Is – Is not, Cause and Effect, etc.,
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with customers
- Ability to manage people and projects
- Excellent written and oral communications skills to successfully communicate with people at all organizational levels
- Knowledgeable in training techniques
- Effective interpersonal skills, including listening and persuasion
- Experienced in quality system and process audits
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma concepts
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Data collection and statistical analysis; Minitab preferred
- Knowledge of processes used in manufacturing facility, customer facilities, and supplier facilities