When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Director, Account Management role is responsible for leading the U.S. direct sales Toxicology and Particles teams for CDD and assuring the team achieves the annual growth goals. This includes managing two direct reports, approximately 14 Account Managers and over $55 million in sales. Work closely with his/her sales managers, sales representatives and corporate staff including Marketing, Business Development, and Finance to establish and achieve revenue and profit goals for the Particles and Toxicology business. In addition, lead professional and career development for his/her team and develop/implement strategies and tactical plans that will assure successful completion of the goals.
- Communicate with individual sales representatives on a regular basis to monitor account pipeline and assure core competency requirements are met.
- Communicate, strategize, plan and implement sales efforts with Toxicology and Particles teams to assure quarterly and annual goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Continually help to improve the company culture by practice and example to the 4”I” values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Hire, coach, train, and mentor sales representatives, including corrective actions if necessary through the Thermo Performance Management and Development program.
- Work extensively with SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM to manage customer account base and monitor reps sales performance and productivity.
- Plan and develop sales meetings as well as conference calls to implement sales initiatives, trainings, and policies.
- Work with sales representatives, managers and VP, Commercial Operations and Finance to create customer pricing strategies and proposals that assure growth and profitability.
- Work with Distribution and Customer Service teams to ensure efficient product/instrument delivery and resolution of order issues.
- Complete all company required training programs such as role of the Leader training.
- Works with Sales Operations team to create incentives and sales compensation plans.
- Assist VP, Commercial Operations in annual budget process, financial data gathering and reports, as well as presentations to customers, representatives, and Thermo leadership.
- Continually strive to connect with other divisions within Thermo Fisher Scientific to assure maximum penetration of Thermo products in the toxicology market.
- Work with Business Units through Marketing and Product Managers to assure alignment to division goals for new product launches and other Marketing initiatives.
- Use various market networks such as customers, thought leaders, and all available channels to assess competitive information, customer needs, and other sources. Use this information for sales strategy, pricing, and reporting to assure the company remains innovative and competitive within the market.
- Must have B.S./B.A. in business, Life Sciences or equivalent; MBA is strongly preferred.
- 8 or more years of sales experience and a minimum of 4 years of direct sales management with demonstrated success in the medical diagnostics or similar market.
- Ability to travel extensively and as needed. Minimum travel is >50%.
- Strong analytical skills that coincide with the ability to implement complex selling strategies and plans.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications.
- Superior relationship-building ability.
- Proficient with SFDC CRM, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Work independently and able to make competent decisions on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated experience in working with financial reports, forecasting, and other key data reporting tools.
- Reports weekly and monthly to the VP, Commercial Operations on critical customer information, revenue target progress and team development progress.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Proven successful sales and sales management experience. Must be able to show success individually selling as well as managing a team to success.
- Previous experience managing successful sales teams which consistently met or exceeded targets
- Ability to travel without limitation.
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Proven ability to assess, attract, retain and develop personnel to meet performance expectations and fill future leadership roles.
- Must be results oriented and be able to lead the sales team to achieve region sales and profit goals.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills that will instill confidence in employees, management, supplier partners and customers.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job ID : 53985BR