Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. Tetra Tech, Inc. is currently seeking a dynamic individual for a position as a Senior Geotechnical Civil Engineerin our Langhorne, PA office.
The successful candidate will complement and support experienced senior engineering staff and manage projects and junior staff engaged in complex geotechnical, civil, and structural engineering design and forensic projects.Projects may include alternative and renewable energy facilities (wind, solar, biofuels, etc.), coastal and marine facilities, industrial facilities, dams, solid waste, and military facilities throughout the United States and internationally.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- The position require 10+ years progressive professional experience
- Geotechnical or civil engineering (BS or higher from an ABET accredited institution). A master’s degree is preferred
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required.
- The successful candidate should be proficient with engineering analysis software and AutoCAD design software
- Management of multidisciplinary design projects with a strong geotechnical component including single and multi-storied buildings and foundations, tower foundations, marine structures, process plant facility design, POL facilities, earth retaining structures, deep and shallow foundations, foundation underpinning, dewatering, civil drainage and grading, stormwater facilities, geotechnical investigation, soil and groundwater remediation systems, and renewable energy projects. Construction experience is a plus. Experience with a variety of DOD, DOE, State, and industrial clients is a plus
- Sound understanding of engineering principles, technical skills for analysis, and an understanding of the geotechnical, civil and structural ramifications associated with complex engineering design, environmental remediation and geotechnical investigation projects
- Experience in forensic evaluation, remedial design, alternatives analyses, conceptual design, erosion and sediment control plans, and engineering cost estimates
- Self-motivated and interested in working with a team of engineering professionals to provide high quality technical service for a wide variety of project types
- Demonstrated Project Management skills associated with engineering and environmental projects. PMP certification or equivalent is a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing junior engineers and associated support staff as direct reports and/or in a project team setting. Functioning as a mentor to direct reports and/or other staff with respect professional development and technical growth
- Demonstrated business development skills, including a robust industry network, an existing client base, preselling, prospecting, proposal development, and cost estimating
- The selected candidates should enjoy solving problems, working on multi-disciplinary projects from inception to completion, assembling and managing project design teams, applying advanced engineering principles in novel applications, keeping abreast of current technology, and being part of a motivated and highly skilled team. Position will be based in Langhorne, PA office with some periodic travel required