Position Manager, Human Resources
Company General Dynamics - Ordnance and Tactical Systems (AR,ME,NE,OH,VT)
Job Location(s) Camden, AR; Hampton, AR
Employment Term Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Security Clearance None
Related Categories HR - Generalists, HR - Management, HR - Recruiting
The HR Manager for our Camden facility (approximately 270 employees) reports to the Director of Operations at Camden and is an integral part of the business' management team.
This "hands-on" leadership position will build and maintain effective working relationships with plant management and employees to provide clear and consistent guidance on Company policies and procedures. The individual in this role will:
- Develop and implement local work rules and programs
- Coordinate and deliver new hire orientation, and training for management and employees.
- Ensure timely and consistent delivery of training programs and maintain documentation.
- Write and implement Affirmative Action Plans and ensure that all employees are treated fairly and with dignity
- Administer hourly compensation in compliance with company policy and government requirements.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources function. Ensure policies, procedures and reporting requirements are in compliance.
- Ensure employee records, Performance Reviews, Performance Improvement Plans, Reprimand Notices and other documents are properly prepared and processed in accordance with company requirements.
- Manage workforce planning to include recruitment for site staffing needs
- Provide information regarding hourly and salaried benefits programs
- Generalist duties and recruitment strategy and programs, staffing effectiveness initiatives, oversight of recruiting systems and affirmative action planning and support programs. The manager will have direct recruitment responsibility for all positions at its Camden Facility. They will work with hiring managers to develop strategies for hard to fill positions or other critical openings. They will be responsible for developing and disseminating best-practices encompassing sourcing, identifying, interviewing and selecting candidates, creative sourcing techniques and diversityrecruitment. Will lead initiatives for training managers/supervisors on effective hiring.
- The professional suited for this job will have demonstrated a commitment for building an exceptional workplace environment that nurtures and facilitates open communications, employee engagement and diversity. The individual will demonstrate good day-to-day judgment and effective employee relations skills.
Required: Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience. Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field. Thorough knowledge of Arkansas Employment Law.
Preferred: Master's degree
- 8 or more years of applicable experience.
- Experience in Human Resources functions with heavy concentration on staffing and recruitment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes of recruiting required.
- 6-8years HR generalist experience in a non-unionized manufacturing or production environment. Experience managing human resources at the plant-level within a large Corporate environment is preferred.
- 9 to 11 years of applicable experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic analytical and budget management skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Must be able to manage recruiting for multiple openings at one time and work multiple projects and initiatives across the company simultaneously to address recruiting needs for positions at all levels and in various job markets.\
- Develop advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Develop new applications based on professional principles and theories. Viewed as expert in field within the corporation.