CEVA Logistics is seeking a Director of Operations for our Miami Frieght Management station. The Director of Operations is accountable for providing strategy for all aspects of multiple high-volume supply chain/logistics operations to ensure consistent high level service quality and customer satisfaction, profitability, cost efficient operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures. Ultimately responsible for providing operating leadership to Product Line/Operations, Air, Ocean, Domestic, and Custom Brokerage management oversight of the delivery of services, attainment of profit objectives, business expansion, safety, quality, development of human resources, and the adherence to policy and procedure and statutory regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Leadership for the Product Line/ Operational development in Air Ocean Domestic and Custom Brokerage of short, immediate, and long-term business development strategies for key customers.
- Develops recommended strategy to implement and monitor improvement programs in cost reduction, revenue growth, quality improvement, safety and best practices across established and new contracts.
- Develop, foster and grow positive and professional relationships with executive level customers and colleagues.
- Provide leadership in coaching, mentoring, personnel selection, professional development and oversight of operations management within company guidelines.
- Lead and manage business case justification for capital and the deployment / allocation of existing and new assets.
- Develop recommended strategy and implement for the start-up of new operations.
- Direct and manage multiple high-volume logistics/supply chain operations within a given industry or region.
- Accountable to maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communications and follow-up on all pending customer matters. Full accountability for P & L of sites in area of responsibility.
- Review, analyze and present management and financialreports, budgets, expense reports and forecasts for facilities under responsibility to Senior Leadership.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training and quality management activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, 3 PL or Logistics is preferred.
- Master’s degreepreferred.
- A combination of Education and experience may be substituted for degree if experience is with Transportation or 3P
- Minimum ten to twelve years managing a large logistic operation or Warehouse/Transportation facility required.
- Experience driving revenue growth, retaining customers and managing profitability of multiple sites.
- Minimum seven years in a leadership role required with some experience over multiple, geographically dispersed facilities required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience required.
- Advanced, applied understanding of project management methodologies with focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals
- In depth, experience based knowledge of managing revenue, budgets, EBITDA, operations problem solving, customer service and managing managers.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, and organization skills required.
- Knowledge of Strategic Planning processes. Ability to develop short and long-range project planning and effectively communicate information to diverse work groups required.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a department (purchasing, budget preparations and review, financialreporting and monitoring expenses, P & L experience) required.