The Eastman Market Development Manager, Pressure Sensitive Adhesives, is responsible for developing strategic plans which allow for long term growth of Eastman’s adhesive raw materials business into the specialty Pressure Sensitive market, as well as oversight and leadership of the execution and project teams within this market segment. Strategic plans will need to include multi-generational product and investment plans to allow Eastman to continue building on current momentum and products as well as a long term vision for what Eastman can do to deliver sustainable growth in the Pressure Sensitive adhesive market. Critical to the success of this position is strong strategic and thought leadership capabilities combined with deep industry knowledge, especially of the hot melt and solvent based adhesive market serving the Pressure Sensitive industry. Collaboration with external customers and brand owners as well as other influencers of the Pressure Sensitive adhesive value chain is expected to ensure strategies and execution plans are based on strong market connect and insights. This position will have overall maket development responsibility for the entire Pressure Sensitive adhesive industry globally. The Market Development Manager, Pressure Sensitive Adhesives will report to the Global Market Leader, Adhesives.
- Develop Global strategy for the specialty Pressure Sensitive Adhesives market defining “Where to Play” and “How to Win” over the short, medium and long term
- Engage deeply with the value chain in the target segments to understand industry trends, applications, and needs. Use that knowledge to determine differentiated solutions that Eastman could profitably bring to the market.
- Collaborate with the Adhesives sales, marketing, and technology teams to develop a project portfolio comprising translation and product development projects responding to industry trends and needs.
- Identify, develop and launch product/application development programs (utilizing the Stage-Gate process) that will result in the realization of new business for the company.
- Lead one or more new projects through stage gate process by leading a cross disciplinary project team.
- Develop and deliver market activation strategies through collaboration with internal partners.
- Work with the Adhesives marketing and MarCom team executing appropriate marketing and communications activities such as messaging, trade shows, presentations, articles, literature, trade magazine interviews, etc. Develop stream lined customer facing messaging to clearly convey Eastman’s strategy in the target segment.
- Work with Technology, Business, and Sales partners to build appropriate functional plans to align with and deliver on stated strategy
- Deliver financial results (measured via new business closes and portfolio execution) on an annual basis
- Global travel is expected in this role. 40% travel expected.
- Strategy development milestones
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Business performance versus ABP
- Short and Medium term execution as measured by value of opportunities reaching specified stages in the Stage-Gate process (Stage 3 and 5)
- Short and medium term execution as measured by value of opportunities reaching the various commercial phases of opportunity management (New Business)
- Long term execution as measured by technology/development roadmaps and inorganic strategy plan in place to deliver needed capabilities for long term vision
Specific Skills/Experience Desired:
- Pressure Sensitive adhesive industry experience
- Strategic thinking and strategy development
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong leadership skills and team motivation
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Market development, application development, or strategic/solution selling experience preferred
- Stage-Gate project leadership or team membership preferred
- Market analysis experience
- Demonstrated ability to present visions/strategies/ideas/proposals in an effective manner
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated results focus
- Working knowledge of products, processes, and value chains used in target industry
- Minimum of eight years total experience in commercial, marketing or relevant technical roles
- Minimum of two years experience in the Pressure Sensitive Adhesives segment
Required Degree / Education:
- BS Technical Degree preferred but not required
- BA Business or Marketing
- MBA a plus but not required