Applied Memetics LLC is seeking an experienced, motivated Cyber Forensic Analyst to support our VA customer. The Cyber Forensic Analyst will be responsible for providing security analysis and recommendations to VA on cyber intrusions, malware incidents and cybersecurity related investigations. The position is located on-site at the customer’s facility. U.S. Citizenship is required for this role.
The successful candidate must be knowledgeable with acquiring and analyzing forensic data and evidence, data preservation and chain of custody. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize EnCase and 3rd party forensic tools to perform computer forensic services in support of designated cybersecurityinvestigations, and documentation
- Conduct forensic evidence collection and maintain chain of custody for all digital evidence in accordance with NIST, VA and OMB standards
- Execute existing forensic processes and procedures and provide improvement recommendations
- Provide targeted attack detection and analysis, including the development of custom signatures and log queries and analytics for the identification of targeted attacks
- Utilize security tools to include Splunk, McAfee ePO and SIEM to correlate and analyze network sensor data with host forensics
- Produce technical analysis reports including root cause analysis summarizing analyzed hosts and/or artifacts discovered during incident investigation and research, forensic evidence collected, proof of chain custody adherence, etc.
- Maintain and provide operational support for deployment of EnCase Enterprise, and administration and management of components for VA computer forensics laboratories
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electronical Engineering or otherengineering or technical discipline and at least 10 years IT experience.
- Two (2) years specialized forensic analysis experience
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) certification
- In depth understanding of NIST SP 800-61, US CERT and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux file systems, files, applications, metadata, and logs
- Outstanding written skills for preparing reports and briefings
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required as is successfully passing a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting
Job ID 2017-1601