Shive-Hattery has an immediate opening in our Quad Cities office for an Architect with ten to fifteen years of experience.
Under the direction of the Architectural Group Leader, this Design Professional position performs a variety of duties in a collaborative, team based environment to assist in achieving desired client satisfaction, and business results. This position involves design knowledge-based experience while working with market focused and production team members in the timely, professional, and accurate production of various design documents, contracts, computer generated renderings, technical drawings, code research, Revit models, or other items associated with the delivery of architectural design services. Participation in applicable AIA, NCARB, and/or community activities is preferred.
This position works closely with office leadership to plan and develop architectural and engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial problems, which have an important effect on client driver outcomes and programs. Maintains liaison with individuals and units within or outside the organization with responsibility for acting independently and in conjunction with team objectives on matters pertaining to his/her field.
Must be able to market selected clients and focus on retaining and growing existing clients within the process of project performance. Candidate must be computer literate. Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad, general objectives, and limits. Typical duties and responsibilities may include design leadership, planning, organizing, and supervising the work of a medium size staff of architects, engineers, designers, and drafters associated with team goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Architect may be assigned a variety of specific duties, which focus on individual and team growth expectations based on the needs of the office.
The Architect may participate in any or all of the items listed below:
- Lead the marketing and business development efforts associated with the regional, and local development of select or focused clients for the building team;
- Provides design and architectural leadership associated with public sector / governmental and private clients on new facilities, additions or for those being remodeled;
- Assist in the development of research, cost data for the systems of both new construction, and remodel projects;
- Consult with clients to determine the requirements and best practice components for systems and practices to meet their needs;
- Oversee, review, and assist in the design and production of instruments of service to deliver our work to clients;
- Work with team members to develop Revit models;
- Provide design expertise to deliver solutions schematically, technically, throughout all phases of the project when appropriate;
- Assist in the preparation of specifications;
- Do code research;
- Participate in the development of quality control procedures to accurately complete technical documents. Recommend updated procedures and methods where appropriate;
- Review and process project correspondence;
- Indirectly supervise team member and core team member support;
- Participate with team members to monitor budget to ensure the project is progressing in a cost effective and timely manner;
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current and prospective clients;
- Visit project sites during construction to ensure quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards;
- Keep abreast of changes, new technology, trends, and innovative best practices in area of expertise and recommend changes and new services as appropriate;
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, while providing opportunities for leadership development;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture with ten to fifteen years of progressively responsibleexperience in a related position. Registration as a Licensed Architect in the either the state of Illinois or Iowa, or the ability to apply for reciprocity, is a requirement.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks that require both directed activities and independent judgments when setting task priorities, evaluating results, coordinating with others, etc. Occasionally required to work or attend meetings beyond the normal workday. Decisions affect the work of otherwork group disciplines.
Applicant is requires to have a good general working knowledge of architecture and design. Able to operate computer and a variety of software programs such as Revit, SketchUp, MS Office, Adobe, Power Point, 3D Studio, plus office equipment such as plotters, copiers, etc. Applicant is able to solve a variety of problems in situations where only limited standardization exists. Demonstrate ability to be courteous with tact necessary to effectively work with others in every day working relationships. Good communication and human relation skills.
A large portion of the day is spent sitting, with moderate amount of standing, and walking. Heavy use of computer results in some repetitive motions with hands, wrists, and arms. Risk from these motions is minimized by practicing proper posture and by using ergonomically correct positioning of hands, wrists, and arms. Applicant may have some exposure to electrical equipment, cold, heat, heights, skin irritants, lung irritants, loud noises, and sharp tools/instruments particularly during Construction Administration activities. Risk from these exposures is minimized by strict adherence to Company and OSHA safety standards, policies, practices and procedures.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package and extensive professional development opportunities.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Posting #: 1226