The Network Field Engineer will provide on-site support for customer’s LAN and WAN environment within the assigned metro area (Atlanta). Responsibilities will include:
- Perform Network moves, adds and changes as called for in customer tickets
- Troubleshoot incidents as called for in customer reactive and ENOC proactive tickets
- Support the installation, configuration, administration, upgrades, and maintenance of Cisco, HP, Aruba, Palo Alto, F5, and Riverbed technologies
- Assist Senior Engineers and SOC with Firewalls, Load Balancers and NetworkAccelerators
- Monitor, analyze, troubleshoot, and evaluate network-related problems
- Manage the performance and optimization of networks and systems
- Support Network Engineers, Security Engineers and Project Managers with network projects through all stages, including:
- Defining/gathering requirements
- Drafting/ presenting technical proposals
- Weighing risks and rewards against value and costs
- Deployment and maintenance of solutions
- Coordinate with project management and engineering on major systems events such as application upgrades, launches, load tests and deployments.
- Understand and effectively communicate the impact of technical decisions on the business
- Prepare technical reports, client presentations, network documentation, and manuals
- Follow required incident management, change management and service request management policies and procedures and documentation requirements
- Utilize Verizon’s ETMS ticketing system to manage assigned work queue and document incidents and service requests
- Utilize network management and utilization reporting tools as needed
- Be familiar with all locations and wiring plants for assigned metro area
- Provide site visits/surveys and physical verification of CPE
- Rack and Stack Equipment
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy digging into the details to find solutions. Communicating with people comes naturally to you. Not only are you are a great listener, but you know how to ask the right questions to get to the root cause of an issue.
You’ll need to have:
•Associate’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
•Four or more years of relevant work experience.
•Network protocol experience including IPVPN, IP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IPSec.
Even better if you have:
•Strong technical knowledge of the following infrastructure technologies, protocols and methodologies:•Network Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, OSI Model, IEEE Standards, QoS, VoIP, OSPF, MPLS, ACL’s, BGP /e-BGP, Spanning Tree, Policy Based and Static routing, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, Virtual Device Contexts & Port Channels
•Hardware: Cisco routing and switching devices, HP routing and switching devices, Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba wireless controller and access points
•Knowledge of MPLS, Metro Ethernet, VoIP and IP based protocols (SIP)
•Four or more years of network field engineering and operations experience for complex enterprise managed networks preferred
•Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills with the ability to drive solutions
•Strong communication skills to accurately represent and convey information in both verbal and written form
•Ability to multi-task and be aware of several simultaneous work streams
•Ability to work with limited supervision
•Ability and willingness to support overtime and off hours (nights and/or weekends) workand provide 24x7 on call support as needed to support client systems
•Cisco CCNA and ITIL Foundation v3 certification