Serves as expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture. Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies.
- Participates in and may direct the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Provides engineering and architectural leadership to multiple, cross-disciplinary projects. May lead a small team of developers.
- Researches, finds, and evaluates new technology. Determines the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and R.O.I.. Takes into account the technology changes have taken place over the years, and helps project the trends for the future.
- Trains and mentors programming staff on use of new technologies.
- Conducts client interviews to perform analysis of client business processes and functional requirements. Prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Participates in and may lead IT forums, technology assessments, industry research, and other projects as needed.
- Prepares and conducts presentations of various work products and IT technology directions and strategies.
- Review, creates, and/or revises internal IT standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred