Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Administrator 2/3 to join their team in San Diego, CA. This Systems Administrator position will design and maintain computer systems and coordinate with network administrators, software developers, testers, and commercial vendors. This position will perform system administration on specialized Computer Network Defense (CND) applications and systems (e.g., HBSS, ACAS) to include installation, configuration, maintenance, and backup/restore assistance. The Systems Administrator may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Roles & Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Assist with implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Ensuring workstation and/or server data integrity through evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- System analysis activities to include requirements analysis, gap analysis, analysis of alternatives
- COTS software installation, documentation, configuration and maintenance
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists
- Development of high-level and detailed system design artifacts in accordance with DoD architecture framework
- Development of trade studies to introduce solutions, products, services and best practices to fit customer needs
- Create accurate, detailed technical procedures & installation instructions
- Occasional travel may be required
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the requirements below.
This position may be filled as a level 2 or 3.
Basic Qualifications for level 2:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related STEM degree plus 3 years of relevant experience; 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Basic Qualifications for level 3:Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related STEM degree plus 6 years of relevant experience; 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Basic Qualifications for level 2 and 3:
- Experience with Linux & Windows administration
- Experience in security engineering and C&A of DoD systems in accordance with the RMF
- Knowledge and experience with networking technologies
- Ability to work on small multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Current DoD 8570/8140 IA Certification (Security+CE or similar)
- Active or current Secret clearance
- Knowledge and/or experience with VMware products
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
- Familiarity with DOD STIGs
- SQL database experience
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
- Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following: Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Domain Name System (DNS), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Patch Management, Auditing & System Logs, Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Linux and/or Windows Operating System Management.
Requisition ID: 17024968