As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul.
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We have an immediate opportunity for Chief Nursing Officers.
General Summary: The Chief Nursing Officer(CNO) develops and maintains nursing service goals, objectives and standards of nursing practice; adheres to staffing plans; and develops Nursing Department policies and procedures. The Director of Nursing is responsible for organizing, developing and directing nursing services and ensuring the deliverance of quality nursing care. The CNO is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Uses discretion and independent judgment to organize and administer nursing services at the hospital. Maintains and models effective working relationships with medical staff.
2. Provides leadership in developing performance standards for all nursing personnel. Evaluates and counsels all employees on their performance in a professional and timely manner.
3. Responsible for department's financial performance to include: monitoring and controlling resource utilization and expenditures, while ensuring adherence to operating budget and budgeted hours (HPPD).
4. Plans, organizes, and coordinates department functions and activities to achieve objectives and complies with regulatory standards and requirements.
5. Plans the system for delivery of nursing care by utilizing alternative types of nursing, appropriate staffing patterns, scheduling methods, control of safe therapeutic environmental factors, and directs the monitoring of quality patient care 24-hours a day.
6. Assesses and plans for educational and training needs of self and nursing staff. Institutes orientation systems for each skill level, the provision of in-service programming and educational programming. Devises a continuing education system for advancement.
7. The knowledge and skills necessary to peform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful competion of competencies established for the position to include for the posiiton, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or cusomters, served by the department.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
9. Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Directs the activities and personnel of the Nursing Department.
Experience: Five to seven years of nursing experience in an acute clinical environment including clinical management experience. Three years of critical care or comparable experience is preferred.
Education: Master's degree, Bachelor's degree, or combination of an Associate's degreen in an approved Registered Nurse program and meaninging and appropriate experience. Master's prepared if required by state.
Licensure/Certification: Current Registered Nurse license in the state where practicing is required. Current BLS certification is required and ACLS certification is required within six (6) months of hire. The CNO must maintain current licensure, BLS and ACLS certifications while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.