The Human Resource Manager will provide Human Resource support to Lexington, NC and North Wilkesboro manufacturing facilities. This role entails ensuring these functions have the right number and type of talent required to execute division strategy and achieve desired business results; Ensures the function realizes required levels of employee productivity and key performance indicators required to execute division strategy and achieve desired business results; Ensures the function establishes and maintains a positive work environment and operates in support of JELD-WEN’s Values; Assists in achieving or beating budgetary objectives while maintaining appropriate level of HR service delivery; Ensures the successful implementation of global HR business processes within the functions; Partners with the corporate function leadership to ensure the staffing, employee relations, talent management, training and development objectives are achieved. This role will also help design and develop HR processes that can be leveraged across all functions to better enable the onboarding and development of talent.
- Identifies and prioritizes current and future talent requirements which could affect achievement of operational objectives
- Identify and implement a compelling employee value proposition that enables them to attract and retain the number and type of talent required to close talent gaps
- Take actions required to address talent gaps, ensuring the division has the right people in the right place at the right time
- Leads recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt employees
- Effectively deploys performance management and rewards processes/practice to drive required levels of employee accountability for desired performance results and ensure retention of top performers
- Partner with Business Unit in implementation of required programs and processes to establish and maintain a positive work environment
- Provides leadership, direction, training and guidance to employee to include staff, and personnel up and down the organizational hierarchy
- Attends Human Resources, Business Unit, meetings as required
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Partners with the legal department as needed/required
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs
- Works with the Talent Acquisition team to develop processes to acquire and develop talent
- Human Resources Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Decision Making.
- Financial Management.
This position has supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment and on the production floor. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development or Labor Relations or equivalent qualification/experience
- 5years of progressiveexperience inHRexperience (generalist/specialist)preferredin a manufacturing environment
- Master’s degree or MBA in related area and/or HR certifications
- Successful track record of performance in a HR role
- First line supervision experience
- Work experience supporting multiple business units
- Successful track record in the deployment of global HR business processes or programs.
- Proficient in verbal and written English language skills