DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of June 30, 2016 DaVita Medical Group (formerly HealthCare Partners) provided integrated care management for approximately 760,000 patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, ModernHealthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you're looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, DaVita Medical Group may be the employer for you.
Medical Doctors (M.D) and Doctors of Osteopathy (D.O) (“physicians”) provide and manage direct medical care for a specified patient population at AQB Health Partners. MD’s and DO’s provide all aspects of care to include evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of ABQHP patients consistent with their license, privileges and experience. Physician provides patient care by working collaboratively with other health care professionals in interviewing, examining and treating patients; provides materials and resources to patients and families. Physicians work to understand and improve the clinical and patient flow processes in the clinics and participate in review and improvement of the financial success of the clinic/department. Maintain proper patient files and records as mandated by federal and state laws and Group policies. Must adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety. Participation in Compliance and otherrequired training is a condition of employment.
• Diagnose illnesses, examine patients, order, perform, interpret diagnostic tests and obtain medical histories.
• Manage populations of patients, focusing on prevention, wellness, and a holistic approach to patients, including diet, exercise, habits.
• Prescribe and administer treatment for people suffering from injury or disease.
• Manages the patient care process, by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented.
• Manage the physician/patient relationship.
• Consults with and advises other providers regarding optimal and cost-effective treatment of patients.
• The ability to make decisions in emergencies.
• Manages the patient care process by ensuring that a comprehensive patient assessment and plan of care is completed and documented on all patients within the time frame of the established policy.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, literature review, in-service, and workshops.
• Represents the views, needs concerns, and policy proposals of the Medical Group to the Physician leadership.
• Current MD/DO medical license in the state of New Mexico
• Board Certified in Specialty or in the process of obtaining certification unless granted an exemption by Credentialing Committee and/or Board of Governors.
• New Mexico Pharmacy/DEA Registration if applicable to practice
• Current BLS Certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent fund of knowledge with respect to the practice of medicine.
• Commitment to service excellence and patient satisfaction
• Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients and the general public.
• Ability to speak with patients and assess health needs in a compassionate manner.
• Able to quickly analyze, comprehend and create written/verbal clinical and business communication and documentation.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced clinical setting.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to relate to culturally diverse patients and community.
• Ability to develop positive interaction with patients, families, physicians, administrators and co-workers in order to effectively care for the patient.