Reporting to the EVP and General Manager of the Enterprise Division, the Vice President of R&D will manage a global team responsible for the development and delivery of the division’s speech, voice biometrics, Inbound IVR & Outbound Cloud solutions. The VP R&D will manage the day-to-day execution by the teams for all tasks required to drive completion of projects on time and within budget. In addition, the R&D leader will drive continuous improvements, resource and cost optimization programs and otherstrategic initiatives, including leverage of offshore resources.
This is a highly visible role, interfacing with senior executives across the business (Cloud Engineering and Operation, Professional Services, Product Management, and Sales). The ideal candidate will have a clear sense of urgency and demonstrated track record of driving innovation leading to the introduction of new technologies in the marketplace.
- Lead the Division’s innovation technology and product and solutions agenda and teams supporting the business, including the Nuance Voice and Security lines of business.
- Manage 200+ professionals in product development and quality assurance responsible for all delivery aspects of the Enterprise products.
- Promote a culture of innovation, accountability, and excellence inside R&D and across the organization.
- Optimize the Division’s software platforms across On-premise and Cloud, including new and acquired technology/solutions; create and manage an effective process for the continual improvement of the R&D organization.
- Partner with business line GMs and functional leaders on short and long-term product development and distribution plans
- Create and implement headcount optimization strategies, including leveraging offshore and/or low-cost R&D resources.
- Develop and implement annual financial plans, budgets and facilitate regular operational reviews; ensure on-time and on-budget delivery and effective execution of strategic programs including roadmap deliverables
- Interact with project managers, marketing, sales, customers and other end users to define system or application requirements and modification specifications
- Devise/track and report on key performance indicators.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 10 -15Years
- Minimum of 10-15+ years engineering leadership experience with a strong track record of successful development and delivery of complex, enterprise class software that resulted in material market impact.
- 5+ years direct experience leading teams within speech recognition, natural language understanding, contact center solutions, with experience within on-premise and Cloud delivery models
- A highly driven leader that is known to deliver in a high growth and highly dynamic environment.
- Has inherent knowledge of development processes and best practices to manage multiple software development projects effectively and deliver on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated experience of setting the vision, building, leading and motivating large, global engineering teams (200+).
- 10+ years leading /managing engineering teams at scale in large environments
- 5+ years in relevant Cloud/IaaS experience
- Strong experience leveraging open-source software at a large scale
- Proven experience developing and driving technical strategy within an enterprise focused company
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, engineering or related field; Master’s degreepreferred.