Considered contract management subject matter expert with extensive knowledge of contractlaw. Has the ability to advice senior-level staff members regarding contractual risks, and mitigation strategies. Provides contract management services as individual contributor on very large project(s) (e.g., over 200M€) as a full contributor to the project core team and/or is a direct supervisor for lower-level contract management staff. Speaks clearly, persuasively, and diplomatically in positive or negative situations, with both internal and external customers. Listens and gets clarification and responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Participates in meetings. Demonstrates strong negotiations, dispute resolution, and problem solving skills. Directs activities concerned with contracts for purchase or sale of equipment, materials, products, or service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. May act as Director of Contract Management’s authorized delegate from time-to-time, as needed.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Analyse and interpret contract terms and conditions and establish clause by clause comments and contract summary for assigned contracts
- As a core team member of major project(s) project team, advise project manager (PM) and other project team members on Contract interpretation and all issues related to Contract performance to protect on a daily basis Alstom’s interests.
- Together with Project Manager act as liaison with Customer Project Office, manage contract correspondence with Customers by analysing for the PM all incoming correspondence and prepares and/or review all outgoing correspondence.
- Prepares with PM and other contributors the Monthly Report and Monthly Project Meeting Minutes. Prepares, process, or monitor deliverable (CDRL) and invoices.
- Establish and implement project specific management procedures, regarding correspondence, modification, insurances, guarantees, variation and engineering modification requests
- Monitor issues pertaining to contract performance to recognize potential problems at an early stage and detect variation orders to be required. Maintain data file to ensure mandatory notices requirements are met and manage follow-up actions through the contractual dispute resolution process.
- Requests or approves amendments to contract and extensions of time requests
- Prepare and manage all elements and materials for negotiation of claims and counterclaims
- Negotiates contract(s), some subcontract(s) and contract amendments
- Advise and work with Sourcing specialists on flow-down of contracts conditions to subcontractors and subcontract management, including from participating Alstom units.
- Contribute to conflict resolutions and participate in risk management, including with regards to relations with subcontractors
- Maintains contract and contractor status databases and advise management on contract related issues.
- Coordinates work of sales department with production and shipping department to implement fulfilment of contracts.
- Must be able to travel.
- Provides direct supervision, training, development, and mentoring of less experienced contract management personnel.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree and/or professional certification (e.g., CPCM, CCCM, CFCM) preferred. Bilingual English-French, a plus.
Experience (Essential Functions)
Minimum five to ten years related experience