Design and deliver a fully integrated strategic marketing and business development plan for the Toronto office and on assigned firm-wide strategic initiatives guided by an analysis of the market, clients, prospects and competition. This includes:
- Managing the implementation of tactical activities driven by annual business plans such as PR and communications outreach, thought leadership, events, sponsorships / conferences, seminars/webinars, etc.; working with team members from across Marketing and Business Development on execution.
- Monitoring trends in local markets/industries and identify innovative products/services that can be promoted through strategic BD campaigns.
- Identifying cross-selling and prospecting opportunities – reviewing pipeline of targets to ensure prioritization along with clear action plans and ownership. Proactively supporting and coaching lawyers in their efforts to develop new clients and new business.
- Supporting the key account program by managing and directing the implementation of business development activities with assigned client teams.
- Developing pitches / proposals as required. Requires working with lead lawyer(s) to write content, develop pricing strategies, manage the submission, and organize presentation rehearsals and win/loss reviews.
- Working with Business Intelligence group to establish and maintain intelligence systems.
- Managing the development and maintenance of marketing collateral including digital presence.
- Providing regular reports on group activities and tracking the results reporting on successes.
- Participating actively in the BD team, sharing ideas, best practices, suggesting solutions to gaps in service delivery.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma/certificated, major in Business or Marketing an asset.
- 5-7 years of experience in a business development or marketing/communications role; experience working within a virtual team setting an asset.
- Significant experience managing BD campaigns and initiatives and key accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the Firm.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships, and take direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure they are clearly communicated to an audience.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Ability to consistently meet the needs of internal clients; including flexibility and perseverance.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, persuasion, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills with high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Commitment to privacy and ethics.
- Experience working with lawyers and other senior stakeholders to develop achievable goals and processes an asset.
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.