Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
Technology Risk Management and Information Security (TRMIS) is a group of technology, security and risk professionals in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K., focused on managing a comprehensive program to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls.
The Cyber Security Team is responsible for protecting the Bank, customers and employees by mitigating and identifying technology threats to TD. Development of effective risk management programs help ensure TD’s best-in-class cyber security approach.
What We Stand For
The TRMIS program is continuously evolving to mitigate risks to the bank, including introducing new initiatives and improved defense. With a layered approach to protect customers, employees and the bank from cyber threats, TD manages, challenges and reviews technology controls for all business applications.
- Manages programs with a moderate to high level of regulatory oversight
- Manages programs with a moderate to high risk profile
- Oversees overall and consolidated program financials, benefits realization analysis and manages the overall program budget
- Directly manages a team or Project Managers / Business Analysts and / or Specialized Resources to ensure talent needs and capabilities are developed to support long term goals for the unit
- Leads a diverse range of Stakeholders, communicates effectively with a diverse audience. Collaborates with key partners and influences sponsors, businesses and other partners
- Owns project / program / portfolio success as it relates to impact and experience of TD’s customers. Owns resolutions of issues to advance project/program / portfolio objectives
- Provide strategic guidance to business /functional leaders to ensure escalated concerns or regulatory or governance related program issues are appropriately managed
- Approves all PMLC gated artifacts prior to going to Quality assistance for review
- Responds to inquiries and escalates concerns from stakeholders at all levels in the organization (technical, business, Senior and Executive Management)
- Provides on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Program and / or Segment Sponsors, Business & Technology Project Owners, relevant Project Managers, Portfolio Managers or other key stakeholders to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the program status in a timely manner
- Proactively identifies and tracks project risk and develops mitigation plans to manage risk (i.e., risk related to technology, change management, procurement, business process management, requirements management)
- Executes and complies with TD’s enterprise project / program / portfolio methodology and governance standards. Contributes to methodology body of knowledge
- Delivers and owns project outcomes that are aligned to established cost, timing, deliverable and scope objectives
- Adheres to enterprise project gating and governance controls to ensure that projects meet all the performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate methodology
- Abides by enterprise project methodology and recognized project management processes’, ensuring discipline and controls are consistently applied to all projects
- Oversees the scope during the course of the project and collaboratively adjusts scope where necessary ensuring adherence to established project change management processes
- Monitors project health continuously and engages management as required if project health changes
- Identifies all project dependencies and risks, ensuring that they are effectively managed
- Executes project management deliverables within budget and as per the approved project plan, working with business partners to develop the content of those deliverables
- Develops, monitors and tracks project plans throughout project lifecycle
- Owns project / program / portfoliofinancials; Owns data quality and accuracy in financialreporting
- Generates cost estimates and provides general financial management, incorporating risk, by leveraging appropriate tools, templates, established estimating models, best practices, stakeholders and processes for assigned project
- Accurately forecasts and manages assigned budget and provides monthly financialreporting for projects, in alignment with Finance standards
- Provides project reporting, including technology spend, and ad-hoc analysis and presents issues requiring attention by senior management. Escalates issues, as required
- Supports vendor management and strategic sourcing process, managing RFP activities and partnering with vendor.
- Works in close partnership with Finance and key stakeholders for monthly reporting requirements
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention.
It helps if you have:
- Advanced knowledge of bank and technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications) from a strategic perspective and managing/ directing teams and application support
- Advanced and thorough understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices/ disciplines
- Understanding of regulatory governing bodies such as PCI, SOX, COBIT
- Proven ability to strategically think, direct and execute
- Experience with MS Office Suite of software (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook and Sharepoint) with expert working and operational knowledge of MS Excel and Clarity
- Minimum 10 years experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities
Join in on whatothers in TDTechnologySolutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.