This position is primarily responsible for the product development and maintenance of the respective Product Group's portfolio of products. In addition, this individual will:
- Strongly influence Accusoft product feature sets and product mix
- Be a thought leader in defining Accusoft processes on assigned projects
- Provide new product development and existing product maintenance, including but not limited to exploring new platforms and technologies as well as enhancing existing products
- Demonstrate company-wide leadership and technical influence in peer discussions, influencing product and technology direction for the company
- Demonstrate balanced technical and business decision making to best meet Accusoft goals
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, develop and maintain the Node.JS web services for our PrizmDoc Hosted application
- Research and recommend emerging web technologies
- Create and maintain supporting information; Documentation, Manuals and Product Demonstrations
- Works independently making sound and consistent business decisions in unsupervised work environments; may mentor/supervise less senior Engineers
- Participates in all stages of development life cycle
- Contributes to peer review to assure product correctness
- Writes unit tests for product and production code, with high level of coverage and effectiveness
- Develop software to solve complex, uncertain, and/or highly business critical problems
- Provide assistance to the Support Team on assigned customer support inquires/projects. Demonstrates customer advocacy
- Defines/recommends Accusoft source control practices
- Plans tasks and provides task estimates for review
- Proactively performs independent research and utilizes libraries and other technical resources to guide new product development and process ideas
- Demonstrates familiarity with competitive products and applies that knowledge when benchmarking against Accusoft products
- Communicates software designs effectively for review by others
- Participates with architects to ensure that product designs adhere to architectural guidelines and best practices, and to make product architectural decisions
- Comfortable and effective at multiple hardware/software OS and technologies
This job has no supervisory responsibilities for direct reports, but will mentor less experienced peers and provide team leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, or other math or computer related disciplines; 4+ years of real industry experience in software development in a variety of roles on a variety of projects; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Engineering development experience in the delivery of production software
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Previous experience in a lead role or readiness to lead otherdevelopers
- Java, JUnit
- React, Angular and CSS
- Linux Administration
- Code optimization technique experience
- Unit Testing frameworks experience
- Experience in Object Oriented design in multi-tier applications
Accusoft provides a full spectrum of viewing, document, content and imaging solutions. With its broad range of solutions, Accusoft is committed to deliver best-in-class, enterprise grade and fully-supported applications. Accusoft products work reliably behind the scenes and in the forefront capturing, processing, storing and viewing images, documents and more.