The incumbent will provide mentoring and cross-training to team members, along with providing training materials for best demonstrated practices in programming/modeling design patterns. The individual will be responsible for identifying and enforcing these design patterns. They must provide technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site development resources. This individual will be responsible to present updates to senior executive managers.The success of this position will be measured by the success of this individual's efforts in the usability, quality, and timeliness of reporting/model delivery, and their ability to communicate effectively to all impacted groups.
- Act as technical lead of architecture and development for the StudentLoan Product Management team
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to interact with Management
- Leverage requirements artifacts to design solutions that meet those requirements
- Identify, evaluate and leverage emerging and innovative approaches, frameworks and technologies where applicable
- Conduct and provide recommendations on strategic product evaluation
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming and database structures
- This is a "hands-on" position that requires technical development and participation in all aspects of the development of processes and procedures.
- Lead weekly progress update calls for time sensitive and/or critical deliverables including communicating issues and risks
- Analyze, document, communicate and validate client requirements for specific business projects
- Timely manage the investigation and resolution of production support issues and customer inquiries.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Serve as the delivery manager of various business-driven projects with complete end to end responsibility from requirements gathering and change management to requirements on-time submission and review
- Utilize advanced SQLand/or SAS skills to build automated scripts that can identify system exception tasks and process them in the same manner as an individual would process them manually.
- Manage, analyze, & reportdeveloper resource capacity and assignments for portfolio planning purposes
- Create and maintain critical development templates, processes and procedures
- Work closely with technical leads and stakeholders to determine project feasibility, manage scope, and improve throughput
- Effectively communicate with clients and other stakeholders to manage expectations and delivery timeframes
- Develop use cases, flow charts, and narratives to effectively capture and communicate business needs
- Partner with internal and external clients to define and translate business requirements in accordance with legal and compliance guidelines
- Identify opportunities for improvement within current recurring tracking, monitoring, modeling, and reporting procedures.
- Working with business and finance stakeholders, produce cost benefit and ROI analysis for projects
- Lead requirements gathering/technical design and review meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide means to report weekly progress across all initiatives assigned to the team
- Drive best practices for development, documentation, and delivery function
- Identify opportunities to re-factor code and infrastructure environments to enable greater flexibility, scalability, reliability, and efficiency.
- Provide ongoing support on issues relating to partner testing and use cases, audit and compliance requests, process management, and industry best practices that impact processes across the enterprise
- Bachelor's Degree (Information Systems, Project Management, Mathematics, Business Analysis or Statistics)
- 5 + years of consumer lending experience
- 3+ years working experience with SQL and SAS at a proficient level
- 3+ years of development and/or modeling experience
- Ability to influence and work with cross functional teams
- Strong multi-tasking, organization and time management skills
- Proven experience analyzing reports and generating conclusions and recommendations
- Flexibility to adjust fluctuating work load under pressure of aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Capable and willing to mentor and provide guidance to more junior level staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills required to effectively and concisely present key findings to executive management
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Critical thinking
- Clear understanding of project management and business analysis approaches
- Demonstrated experience writing business requirements for complex enterprise-level projects
- Documentation and document management skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
Other Helpful Experience:
- 3 + years of project management experience
- Exposure to or experience of the products and services in use at Navient
- Strong knowledge of web technologies and standards
- Experience with business intelligence (BI) technologies and processes
- QA experience
- Experience with SSIS/SSRS
Job ID 17882677777-1