Sr. Hydrogeologist (Sustainable Development)
5 - 7 years experience • Energy & Environmental Services
Our client designs and delivers large-scale civil and environmental engineering projects nationwide, including public infrastructure, water management facilities, aquifers, and environmental impact studies. They are hiring a Sr. Hydrogeologist to oversee sustainability projects for industrial clients.
The Sr. Hydrogeologist is an expert in industrial impact on natural water resources. As a key member of the engineering team, they are the lead technical expert in environmental oversight and testing. They will work with top engineers to provide support for multimillion-dollar projects.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonus. Full benefits package includes medical coverage, company match 401(K), car/phone/laptop allowance, expenses, travel, and more.
- Regular opportunities for funded research, publication, and high-profile industry conferences.
- Diverse, high-profile projects, from public infrastructure to commercial projects.
- Extensive client base of prestigious private and public sector projects.
- Company culture of investing in employee through training and continuing education.
- Experienced and knowledgeable reporting manager who is one of the top technical experts in the industry.
- Resources to develop deep technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Small, collaborative engineering team and engineer-centric company culture.
- Freedom over product designs, projects, and technical strategy.
- Lots of support and training resources available for someone who wants to learn and fast track their career.
- Supportive upper management and staff in engineering, customer services, and R&D.
- Design commercial wells, groundwater aquifers, reservoirs, groundwater, and water management systems for municipalities and large industrial entities.
- Participate in design reviews and assist with project proposals and client meetings.
- Act as a resource regarding federal, state, and local environmental regulations, permits, contracting guidelines, and engineering industry standards.
- Model and conduct testing on aquifers, groundwater flow, runoff, and other hydrogeologic investigations.
- Gather and analyze data pertaining to groundwater sampling, well logging, GIS maps, and field testing.
- Collaborate with project managers on project schedules, deadlines, budget, design revisions, incident management, and presentation.
- 6+ years of industry experience in hydrogeology.
- Experience managing engineering projects for complex large-scale engineering projects, such as mining, municipal water management, industrial facilities, and specialty commercial.
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrogeology, environmental science, or geosciences, with strong preference for post-graduate degree in hydrogeology.
- Good understanding of environmental impact, topography, and environmental factors that can affect water treatment projects. Experience conducting environment investigations and environmental studies is preferred.
- Excellent technical writing and communication, including engineeringblueprints and technical project documentation. Industry publications are a plus.
- Professional Geologist (PG) certification. PE also acceptable.
- Proficiency with industry software, including:
- GIS maps & data evaluation
- Project proposals
- Regulatory agency permits and documentation