Describe the role:
- Responsible for the team that performs various trade support tasks including trade allocations, rebooking, and confirmation. The individual will be expected to work as a part of a team and will need to be able to communicate effectively with various internal and external clients. The Trade Support team supports the traders and, also services many internal and external clients.
Describe the applications and business or enterprise functions the role supports:
- The Trade Support team services all of the AB Trading Desks. On a daily basis the employee will use LVTS, Minerva and Microsoft Office; internal applications such as Apex, Portfolio Management System, ACE, and GO; and use multiple vendor systems including Bloomberg.
- Omgeo products (including Oasys, CTM, and ALERT)
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Allocation of trades across all products in the relevant order management systems.
- Work with traders to ensure trade details are captured accurately.
- Rebook trades due to discrepancies in commission, fees, broker, etc.
- Ensure that all settlement issues are handled properly.
- Resolve claims issued by brokers and custodians.
- Monitor and resolve failed trades.
- Annual staff reviews.
- Staff mentoring and training.
- Participation in strategic planning for the team.
- Daily interaction with offshore team.
- Monitor confirmation platforms (CTM, GTSS) to identify trade booking discrepancies
- Ensure accurate delivery of trade instructions to custodians for timely trade settlement
- Monitor intraday Custodian Settlement Pre-Matching Reporting
- Monitor daily Custodian/Broker failed tradereporting
- Monitor and escalate aged fails where appropriate.
What makes this role unique or interesting (if applicable)?
- Fast paced, dynamic environment which includes daily interaction with trading.
What is the professional development value of this role, i.e. what learning and professional growth
does the role offer the candidate?
- The employee will learn a lot about all the different products that AB offers and the differences amongst them. They will also have a lot of contact with the front office making this a demanding and rewarding position.
AB Competency Model (select one): Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or another relevant discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in Trade Support, working with a team and meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- Skills: Our managers typically have track records of outstanding professional performance or academic achievement, along with excellent analytical skills, financial skills, technical skills, attention to detail as well as strong communication skills.
- Candidates should have a strong ability to work and manage in a collaborative environment and to present results to both expert and non-expert audiences.