As the nation’s premier dental services organization, we provide expert business, marketing and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We take the load off of practitioners to free them up to do what they do best: practice dentistry. Together, we put patients at the heart of everything we do. We are pleased to offer an opportunity to join our IT/IS team as a Lead Developer.
This position will assist IT Managers in managing projects and personnel and participate in and review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify application software.
Key Job Functions:
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, planning and coordination in course of application development projects.
- Assist IT Managers with allocating resources to projects, tracking project status and maintaining development schedule.
- Manage project teams including internal and/or external application development personnel.
- Participate with a team of technical staff and managers or business unit to determine technical systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development projects.
- Play primary role in managing applications deploy process, TFS management and IIS management.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development.
- Responsible for the detailed design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications and externally purchased software products.
- Coach and mentor Application Developers.
- Assess and develop high-level design requirements for projects and communicate in writing or in meetings.
- Collaborate with Application Architects on ADMI’s application architecture, technology stack and best practices.
- Write code for system designs that span platforms.
- Supports application throughout the Product Development life cycle.
- Review Developer applications and make recommendations.
Hide MinimumEducation andExperience
- 8 or more years of design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications and externally purchased software products.
- 5+ years working with SQL Server 2008/2014/2016 or Oracle, stored procedures, packages and functions.
- 3+ years iterative software development methodologies (e.g. RUP, Agile, Scrum, etc.).
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Development or a related area is preferred.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.