In the first two weeks at Zignal Labs you’ll...
- Pair up with teammates, learn about our real time streaming data pipeline and ship both a bug fix and new feature to production; demoing your work at at our end-of-sprint review session
- Meet cross-functional peers on our devops, front-end, customer success, marketing and sales teams, experiencing hands-on demos of our fantastic products
- Take advantage of the many Zignal perks including catered lunches and weekly release celebrations with themed snacks
To be successful in the role you should have...
- The ability to work with loosely defined requirements and exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and build/test elegant solutions in weekly sprint/release cycles
- A drive to get results and not let anything get in your way
- Proficiency in Scala and/or other functional programming languages and pride in producing clean, maintainable code
- A passion for developing, configuring and testing highly scalable applications/data pipelines running on Storm, Spark or similar distributed systems
- Competency writing applications that interact with Kafka, Zookeeper, Elasticsearch, Redis and/or similar open source technologies
- Experience working with devops teams and tools to ensure your work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your Mac to our staging and production environments
- Competency locating, troubleshooting and fixing bugs and performance issues in distributed systems running on the JVM
- Knowledge of best practice around continuous integration, test driven development, code review, local containerized development/testing and everything it takes to ensure your high quality code works both for you and our customers
- A desire to keep abreast of the latest industry trends and technologies, a commitment to continuous learning and an open mind to others - no matter how senior or junior they are
- A calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems in production; we have a fair on-call rotation system to ensure our system is running smoothly for our customers