- Open Positions
- Employment Verif
Product Marketing Manager, Direct Mail
Tracking Code 37429Job Description
The Product Marketing Manager will be an integral part of the Product Development team supporting the direct mail division of RRD. The product marketing manager will provide analysis and insight as part of a team dedicated to increasing sales and driving revenue across existing product lines and evaluating the market for new product opportunities. Assist the Director of Product Development in developing and promoting new products to a nationwide sales force as well as executing a successful marketing communications strategy, to include event coordination, collateral and video development, campaign execution, program tracking and website content management. The ideal candidate has superior project management skills and an understanding of all elements of the product marketing and communications mix as well as experience working with Word, Excel, Power Point, Photoshop and Adobe InDesign or Quark Xpress software. Ability to write compelling business communications to promote our products and services to both internal and external audiences is required.
- Product Development/Marketing Support - Gather and evaluate new product ideas in the context of potential, practicality, strategic planning and implications for other products. Function as a liaison between marketing and operations to develop new concepts. Explore new ways of promoting existing products. Assist in research and development efforts to make changes to existing products to create a new product. Communicate project status, issues, and opportunities to the broader organization. Responsible for necessary paperwork and tracking within project management system to support business needs.
- Communications - Assist in creation of product marketing materials including customer communications, sell sheets, case studies, web copy, presentations, white papers, etc.
- Work as a team to implement a product marketing and sales strategy for the organization's offerings that achieves established sales or market share targets.
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze data on market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor activity to identify market opportunities.
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze data on product performance and work with sales and/or customers to recommend enhancements to existing offerings or create new products to enhance customer results. May recommend changes, improvements, or deletions to assigned product(s).
- Ensure alignment to corporate and department brand strategy, and to corporate and department identity
- Requires design experience working in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) to create sales collateral and presentation material.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in a sales, marketing, communications and/or customer service. Experience with the communications mix (content generation, content marketing, collateral development, product promotion, websites)
- Strong communications skills including oral, written and presentation. Will be required to keep leadership and other functional areas apprised of and engaged in team’s initiatives.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/web
- Superior project management skills (organization, planning and time management skills)
- Intense attention to detail
- Ability to work independently against a variety of objectives using time management skills to meet and exceed internal/external customer expectations. The ability to utilize information to draw insights and conclusions and make tactical business decisions is essential.
- Must be able to collaboratively lead cross-functional initiatives to successful outcomes without direct authority. The position requires an ability to proactively anticipate obstacles and the flexibility to seek alternative solutions to keep projects on track.
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning in a highly competitive, fast changing market place.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) is required as well as design experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).