The Human Resources Manager (HRM) reports to the General Manager with dotted line into the Group VP of HR. The HRM organizes and executes all Human Resource functions for the business unit. This will include responsibility for the employment process, recruitment, employee relations, compensation, safety, compliance, and employee retention/development.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Employee and Labor Relations
· Staffing and Recruitment
· Compensation, Benefits and Payroll
· HR Administration and Compliance
· Operating Environment Development
· Safety & Risk Management
Manage and execute day to day and long term human resource related activities and needs. These will include but not be limited to the following:
Employee and Labor Relations
· Point person for interpretation and guidance relative to company policies and procedures.
· Manages employee issues and grievances to satisfactory resolution and provides guidance to supervisors and managers addressing employee issues and grievances.
· Ensures organizational compliance with labor laws and guidelines
· Contributes to the analysis and action planning post employee engagement survey.
Staffing and Recruitment
· Manage and execute the recruitment process; advertising, job descriptions, applicant screening, interview scheduling, and reference checks.
· Develop and execute recruitment plan that aligns with business objectives, incorporates traditional and non-traditional recruitment sources and ensures the casting of a “wide net” to attract and introduce qualified diverse candidates to the organization.
· Manage and develop relationships with recruitment agencies (temporary and permanent placement).
· Conduct new employee “on-boarding”.
Compensation, Benefits and Payroll/HRIS
· Partner with Corporate Compensation team to coordinate and manage compensation plans; prepare and implement annual salary plans, develop and align compensation plans to drive desired employee and business performance.
· Maintains HRIS/Workday, payroll systems, time and attendance systems, and ensures data integrity
· Coordinate the on-site annual benefits open enrollment, and issue resolution.
HR Administration and Compliance
· Act as the location Ethics Officer to coordinate and manage compliance with all applicable regulatory and corporate policy requirements.
· Maintain all required regulatory reporting; AAP, EEO-1, VETS-100, OSHA 300, etc.
· Develop and communicate HR Scorecard to management team, highlighting HR metrics and their impact on the business
· Coordinate and manage training initiatives; annual Talent/HR Review, tuition reimbursement, skills training, and management development.
· Coordinate and manage career development plans, based on performance reviews, 360 reviews, Talent/HR Review, etc.
· Coordinate and manage performance management process.
· B.S. in Human Resources or Business Related Science
· 5+ Years of Experience in Human Resources Generalist role
· Broad Business Knowledge
· Excellent Verbal and Written Communication and Organizational Skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
· Ability and Experience Working in a Fast-paced, deadline Oriented Environment
· Excellent Team Player and Interpersonal Skills