Project Manager I - PHS-Social Sciences
Less than 5 years experience • Healthcare IT
The Aging, Cognition, and Hearing Evaluation in Elders (ACHIEVE) Study Project Manager will manage the entire study under the direction of the PI.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as psychology, nursing, or basic science.
2. Three years of relevant administrative and medical experience in research projects or other health related activities or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Supervisory ability.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of scientific principles.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree in a relevant discipline.
2. Experience beyond the minimum required.
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under administrative review, perform management level work directed toward the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the assigned project(s). This classification requires the use of judgment and discretion in performing the assigned duties and responsibilities related to the project. These actions tend to establish precedents and direction for the project.
1. Assume major responsibility for the successful and timely completion of the tasks that comprise the implementation and analysis phases of the project to include but not limited to planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
2. Coordinate the hiring of and provide direction to support staff; plan and coordinate training sessions for project personnel.
3. Translate planning and design decisions into concrete activities and tasks to be undertaken for project implementation, and set priorities for project implementation.
4. Manage the preparation of progress reports and quality control monitoring; participate in the analysis of study data and the writing of scientific papers for publication.
5. Direct the development and preparation of data collection forms, procedural manuals, and other documents required for project implementation and evaluation.
6. Direct the development of computerized methods for monitoring and reporting on the study.
7. Ensure that all aspects of the study are conducted in accordance to the study protocol and contract; ensure that all legal aspects adhere to state and federal regulations and guidelines.
8. Ensure that all requirements of the Medical School and the University are complied with, relative to the conduct of the study; ensure that all technical requirements of the funding agency are met, including auditing requirements.
9. Represent the project to all related community agencies and organizations, serving as the study's liaison, spokesperson, and representative.
10. Oversee recruitment, data collection, and follow-up activities.
11. Attend and participate in national and local meetings related to the planning, operation, and evaluation of the study.
12. Responsible for developing and monitoring the study budget; compile and prepare financial progress reports.
13. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to project staff.
Job ID: 24131