Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Senior Manager, Commercial Contracts and Legal Operations
Workday is searching for a versatile Senior Manager level professional overseeing Commercial Contracts and Legal Operations. Reporting to the Vice President of Legal Services, this position will be responsible for overseeing end to end contract review and execution processes for enterprise sales and services transactions.
- Oversee end to end contract review and execution processes for enterprise sales and services transactions, beginning with receipt of requests for contract generation through routing for signatures and final distribution; scale team for growth to support Workday’s strategic growth and international expansion.
- Oversee worldwide team of contracts administrators and contracts negotiators that serves as front line interface in managing all sales and services contract requests and legal operations support requests
- Draft and negotiate customer facing contract amendments, NDA’s and contract renewals; Devise negotiation playbooks and approval matrixes for standard agreements and non-standard approval processes; Partner with legal transactional counsel on training for and delivery of new product offering terms and negotiating FAQ’s, partner closely with Workday’s geographically dispersed team of field legal attorneys to close complex enterprise SaaS agreements and ensure efficient deal flow processes and timely, compliant execution of contracts.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams during contract process, including deal desk, services and sales, finance and revenue recognitions functions; provide leadership in implementation of compliant transactional agreements and deal processes
- Serve as subject matter expert for best of breed contracts administration function and proactively drive progressive change through efficient processes and use of technology
- Execute assigned projects as determined by needs of the business and department
Required Skills & Experience
- 10- 15years’ experience managing contracts administration functions (including drafting and negotiation) in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic record
- JD or MBA, preferred
- Ability to effectively drive constructive change in processes and policies
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and handle multiple tasks, and to track and follow up on projects
- High customer satisfaction focus
- Strong contractdrafting skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com,contract management tools and esignature processes, experience with leveraging customer service management software applications (such as ServiceNow) to drive process optimization and analytics
- Ability to effectively identify risk and devise creative real time solutions
- Detail oriented, meticulous and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while working collaboratively in a team environment with all levels of the company, including executive management
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong leadership ability, including outstanding influence and communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the Company
- Courteous, flexible, highly organized, competent and reliable and proactive and uses independent judgment
- Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- Open and honest in communications with all stakeholders – legal colleagues, management, customers and others
- Must manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity