Industry: Financial Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 358 days ago
The Financial Analyst III providesfinancial analysis, planning,forecasting, andreporting support for the Credit Card line of business under the guidance offinancial management. In addition, The Financial Analyst III provides highly specializedfinancial consulting and analytical support for newpartnership deals,portfolio acquisitions, marketing programs, and program level profitability. Identifying key emergingfinancial trends, measurement of key performance metrics and success factors, line of business and total segmentfinancial target setting and measurement, capitalbudget and key initiative evaluation and planning, cost and product profitability analyses, specializedreporting and support for special projects.
• Conducts complex financial analysis for Credit Card programs..
• Provides financial, analytical, planning, and forecasting expertise to assist in the development and completion of projects. Understands the whole financial function and the key business areas supported.
• Focus is on one or more components of results that have greater complexity (e.g., Expenses, Revenue, Volumes) and is often on complete Income Statement results for Credit Card product, program, or business segments.
• May develop specialized analytical tools for project or ongoing use.
• Develops conclusions and courses of action to rectify discrepancies as well as May lead activities of unit, assigning, prioritizing and monitoring work.
• May resolve escalated issues and problems by conferring with business partners.
• May provide training and mentoring for new and lessexperienced staff.
• Develops conclusions and courses of action to rectify discrepancies as well as analyses.
• Develops and analyzes key metric and plan variances and related information.
• May provide cost and product analyses.
• Develops analyses of performance and predictive data.
• Compiles and generates ad-hoc analytical reports.
• May develop financial analytical and forecasting models to test assumptions and predict results of business initiatives.
• May lead additional research efforts, applying expertise in financial analysis.
• May research and review details of business operating metrics and actively seeks to identify and promote new opportunities or products.
• Bachelor’s degree with preferred concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or Business
• 5-7 years related experience required
• In-depth knowledge of financial analysis, financial model-building and interpretive statistics.
• Ability to employ complex analytical tools and statistics to perform analysis and forecasting of financial and other business information.
• Ability to effectively interpret, select appropriate techniques, take independent action, communicate and follow-through.Ability to successfully plan, develop, lead, and execute projects.
• Ability to effectively interpret, select appropriate techniques, take independent action, communicate and follow-through.
• Strong interpersonal and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation skills.
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives.
• Practical knowledge of financial analysis techniques and methodologies.
• Knowledge and understanding of budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Knowledge of accounting and theassociated rules and regulations.
Preferred: Strong Excel skills, Financial Services experience, Data modeling and query expertise: SAS, ESSBASE, SQL.