1. Understand new product technologies and maintain state-of-the-art expertise in Automotive Controls
2. Plan and execute complex research and advance engineering projects – prototype, test and debug software; conduct system studies,
simulations, and performance analysis
3. Establish overall control system level requirements. Communicate with customers and other internal disciplines to understand
functional performance capabilities of the system to facilitate effective functional requirements specification for the system or sub-systems
4. Perform system and sub-system design reviews. Analyze system and sub-systems for functional behavior, which may include
modeling and simulation to demonstrate that the design meets the functional requirements.
5. Prepare system and sub-system test plans. Specify, design and validate complex sub-systems, including high-level requirements for
6. Prepare and present proposal material, technical reports, and technical briefings.
7. Support preparation of project plans, schedules, budgets and proposals.
8. Generate intellectual property
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Experience in plant modeling and analysis tools.
2. Strong understanding of major automotive subsystems. Experience (either real-world, co-op/intern or graduate school) with
developing electronic real-time embedded control systems for applications such as internal combustion engines, automotive transmissions,
turbine engines, hybrid control systems, and/or robotic systems.
3. Proven record of innovation in propulsion system Controls (patented technologies implemented in production).
4. Experience with embedded controls programming language. Examples include C and C++.
5. Experience in Stateflow and Vector Tools
BS, MS, or PhD in Engineering with a focus on Controls Engineering
MS or PhD in Engineering with a focus on Controls. In depth knowledge of dynamics and controls focus for propulsion systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Minimum 5+ years of industry experience (or equivalent) in Controls
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills – high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees,
and drive for results; ability to interface with customers on technical activities.
3. Demonstrate honesty, integrity and trust
4. Proficient with Matlab and Simulink
5. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with sometimes incomplete requirements
6. Demonstrates innovative and strategic thinking and initiative to take action in front of challenges
7. Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products.
8. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with a high level of autonomy and
accountability for results.
9. Experience with modeling of physical systems such as internal combustion engines, turbine engines, hybrid control systems,
automotive transmissions, or robotic systems.
10. Experience with a system development tool for simulation and/or software code development.
11. Willingness to travel as required (< 10% of the time).
Job ID #: 6874