Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Enterprise Architecture covers TD’s overall technology strategy, direction, standards for designing and/or developing an architecture framework including technologyarchitecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented across the organization. Architects typically develop and maintain any combination of the following: solution and application architecture, infrastructure environment architecture, technical integration architecture, data strategies and models, security and enterprise architecture.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to join our Corporate Systems Architecture team, covering Fraud, Compliance, Legal, AML, Real Estate and PMO. Providing direction, guidance and governance on structure, design, technology applications and infrastructure. All of this feeds into our focus on developing, customizing and integrating systems. You’ll be able to demonstrate how your valuable knowledge and guidance can strengthen technology team and business area understanding of architectural options and technology choices. If this reads to you like a role that’s fundamentally important to TD’s Architecture team and the organization as a whole, your instinct is right.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Lead design and development of an architecture framework to govern how solutions will be produced and implemented, including technology domain architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards.
- Review project blueprints and advise on best design solutions.
- Research and analyze business requirements to recommend optimal architecture solutions.
- Contribute to project plan development, offer input, manage projects and initiatives, direct assigned resources, communicate project status and ensure timely issue escalation.
- Participate as a top expert and consultant on the most high-risk and complex projects.
- Provide insight and recommendations to develop and implement system architecture with business units and technology departments while creating awareness of total ownership costs.
- Impart subject matter expertise to influence vendors on product design, develop and contribute to third-party contract negotiations where applicable.
- Build consensus, facilitate collaboration and decision-making within and across business units so IT strategy application aligns with architecture framework.
- Ensure projects comply with technology domain architecture, design and operate processes to help review ongoing activity against technologyarchitecture and development standards.
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate, implement emerging IT trends, developments and improvements and solutions (buy, build, reuse).
- Apply industry and technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and minimize risk.
- Conduct pre- and post-implementation reviews.
- Lead in knowledge transfer meetings with senior management, team, other technical areas and business units.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Relevant experience with Financial Fraud Detection Systems Architecture/Design
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degreepreferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Ability to serve as the top technical individual expert who can impart knowledge of architecture related to specific domains or broad range of architecture frameworks, technologies, tools, processes, procedures and broader technologies and relevant issues.
- Advanced and highly specialized knowledge of TD applications, programming languages, industry best practices, the business and associated standards, infrastructure and architectural design and solutions and governance.
- Interest and proven ability to work autonomously as an architectural specialist on high profile, complex and high risktechnology projects with significant organizational impact.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical leadership, consulting and direction to a larger team on all aspects of architecture to ensure advanced learning occurs.
- Foresight on architectural issues and gaps and can identify emerging industry trends (i.e. future focused).
- Strength in influencing product direction and integrating technology from an architectural perspective within the business environment, and can fulfill an IT governance role.
- Proactive thinking when it comes to providing recommendations on value-added architectural improvements and enhancements.
- Capacity to take on one or more areas of focus (e.g. enterprise, data, application and technologyarchitecture domains).