This position is for a DOD contract that requires employees to be a US Citizen or Green Card holder. Please do not apply if you can not meet this requirement.
Harmonia is currently looking for smart and self-motivated Mid & Senior Java software developers with the ability to take on and overcome challenges in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, design, and implement solutions for challenging problems.
- Participate in product design and planning.
- Maintain high levels of knowledge, skill, and competencies in software development for an extensive range of project types.
- Translate design requirements and specifications into successful implementations.
- Work in a team environment and share knowledge.
- Create external design documentation.
- Ensure that projects meet high standards for quality and adhere to best practices.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Mid Level: 2+ years, Senior Level: 5+ years of prior professional experience including system analysis, software design, and development in Java or related technologies.
- Experience developing Web-based applications and web services.
- Experience with Relational Databases, such as SQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Maven, GWT, EXT-JS, AJAX, JMS/ MQ, XML, Spring, Struts, SOA, PKI.
- Experience with Bootstrap, Underscore.js, Require.js, Backbone.js, Sass, or JQuery is a plus.
- Experience with one or more of application servers, such as JBoss, WildFly, or WebSphere.
- Experience with Source Control Management systems, such as GIT (preferred) or SVN.
- Experience with Android or iOS is a plus.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with continuous integration software build schemes.
- Understanding of Unit Testing and associated frameworks, e.g. JUnit.
- Strong software development skills, with a solid understanding of project cycles, integrated development environments, and source control technologies.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines.
- Ability to work well and collaborate with peers in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science or related field, or 10 years of related work experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.