Major Account Manager will be responsible for developing and managing opportunities within specific USSOCOM accounts to grow sales for the DoD business unit in Harris Communication Systems. Responsible to develop and maintain relationships between the organization and potential customers by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals within the US DoD, specifically the SOF community. Responsible for achieving business targets as outlined by management. The preferredlocation for this position is Fayetteville, NC, however, otherlocations will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The primary objective of the position is to grow sales of Harris RF Communication solutions within DOD, USSOCOM accounts.
- Responsible for managing opportunities in all stages of the sales pipe-line. Must effectively prospect, qualify, propose, capture, negotiate and close.
- Responsible for developing, communicating and executing winning market plans and capture strategies. Ability to perform competitive assessments, identify attractive solution positions and articulate crisp value propositions.
- Responsible for effectively leading cross-functional teams to meet objectives.
- Responsible for developing positive relationships at multiple levels within the customer's organization and influencing customer procurements to gain competitive advantage.
- The position requires ~40% overnight travel with periods of week-long absences when preparing bid responses or attending shows and seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2years’ experience in sales, business development, capture management, and/or customer-facing program management
- Minimum 4years' experience serving government customers, preferably U.S. military, specifically USSOCOM customers
- Minimum 4years’ experience with information and/or communication technology, preferably tactical radio communications
- Eligible for a US DoD security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Demonstrated success developing and closing large and complex sales
- A track record of consistent above-plan performance
- Strong process orientation and experience in structured selling programs
- Technical confidence; the ability to stay abreast of emerging technologies and cut through technical jargon to assure that solutions meet customers’ mission needs
- USSOCOM experiencepreferred
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a matrix environment
- Current active Secret security clearance eligible for TS-SCI
Job Code – CS20171807-19788