The Capital and Engineering organization within Dow AgroSciences is chartered to deliver capital solutions, engineering and project execution expertise across the Ag Division, including both Platforms (Crop Protection and Seeds). This organization has many exciting new job opportunities, including this posting for Senior Piping Engineer.
The Senior Piping Engineer is responsible for providing capital project deliverables, technology application, and driving excellence and efficiency within his/her area of expertise through implementation of appropriate engineering tools, technologies, and work processes, typically as part of a project team. The Senior Piping Engineer is also responsible for leveraging solutions and resources to solve common engineering challenges, and developing engineering solutions to support our Ag Division manufacturing plant sites and R&D activities.
- Responsible for FEL deliverables required to supply a quality process design package to the project design team.
- Perform pipe stress / flexibility analyses for plant sites and capital projects using appropriate software
- Troubleshoot piping configuration issues and recommend solutions.
- Perform fitness for service evaluation of existing piping systems
- Eliminate piping failures and leaks through proactive analysis of piping systems.
- Analyze piping Mechanical Integrity / Quality Assurance (MIQA) operating problems, provide operating and maintenance support by recommending and helping to implement solutions on pressurized systems used in the Ag Division.
- Identify and promote best practices (including national and international standards) for designing, operating, and maintaining piping, and associated equipment.
- Occasionally assess equipment suppliers’ engineering and manufacturing capability.
- Support site MIQA and maintenance personnel during equipment overhauls and unscheduled outages - i.e., emergency repair.
- Work with other consultants, plant and business personnel, suppliers and contractors on piping and other fixed equipment related activities.
- Support development and updating of Agriculture division Corporate Engineering Standards.
- Minimum 5 years of experience primarily in engineering, application, plant technical or maintenance involving piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers or other static chemical process equipment and systems is required
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- 10+ plus years of experience primarily in engineering, application, plant technical or maintenance involving piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers or other static chemical process equipment and systems is preferred
- Chemical industry experience is preferred
- Professional Engineering License is highly preferred
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field is required
Technical Skills Required:
- General knowledge of static process equipment typically used in chemical processes.
- Detailed knowledge or piping systems and stress analysis methods and software.
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software such as Compress or PV Elite is a plus.
- Experience with piping manufacturing methods and quality control.
- Ability to apply theory and experience to the application, inspection, start-up, and troubleshooting of piping systems.
- Familiarity with ASME, API, Standards for piping and / or other fixed equipment.
- Networking capability to effectively leverage other corporate and external resources to provide timely cost effective solutions.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum of direct supervision.
- Great time management skills including the ability to manage a substantial work load.
- Interpersonal skills for developing a client base and working in a multi-function team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver per project objectives.
- English fluency, speaking and writing, in addition to fluent in local language.
- Strong ability in listening and communication, including consulting by telephone.
- Comfortable working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds.
- Focused on delivering effective, usable results.
- Sound interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to form good working relationships and negotiate effectively with internal and external contacts.
GEOGRAPHIC PREFERENCES, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Preferred geographic locations include Midland, MI or Indianapolis, IN, but otherlocations will be considered.
Must be able to travel to company facilities, equipment manufacturers, Engineering Contractors (EPC) and repair shops
Depending upon candidate’s location, either Regional or Global travel (10-20%) may be required. The geographic areas of highest concentration of workload include Midland, MI and Pittsburg, CA (near San Francisco).