New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This position will involve various duties within the technology group at The Nautilus Group. Predominately this position will act as a Systems Analyst to help support The Nautilus Group with business requirements for development in Salesforce.com. Responsibilities include:
• Specifications development (system requirements)
• System Testing (U.A.T.)
• System Documentation
• Liaise with users to track additional requirements and features
• Collaborate with IT team and developers to produce new systems
• User Documentation
• Train users on the new systems and help provide support
• Stay up-to-date with current technologies and technical developments
• BachelorDegree (Management Information Systems or Computer Science preferred)
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
• Background in Salesforce and solid knowledge of business information systems
• Excellent analytical skills and proven work experience as a Systems Analyst
• Hands on experience with software development and documentation
• Ability to explain technical details
• Experience with flowcharting, policies and procedures documentation, workflows, browser based applications(cross platform)
• Ability to manipulate browser settings and URL's in order to facilitate testing in different environments(DEV, MDL and PROD)
• Strong Communicator (Verbal and Written)
• Computer skills (Word, Excel with Macro, Visio, MS Project Manager, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox), Remote Access via VPN and VDA, Mobil Devices (iOS & Android)
Problem Solving: Test applications being developed or being deployed and provide meaningful feedback as well as help provide troubleshooting during testing. Liaise with users and developers to track additional requirements and features.
Decision Making/ Nature of Impact: Responsible for deciding if the developed solution is a go or no go depending on the results of the test scripts.
Communication Requirements: Understand business requirements, ask questions when appropriate and then be able to document those requirements in such a manner that a developer can engineer and build a solution.