The job of Production Manager is to plan, direct, and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct and coordinate production, processing, and distribution
• Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
• Review operations and confer with technical and administrative staff to resolve production and processing problems.
• Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
• Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff and resolve personnel grievances.
• Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products and directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
• Prepare and maintain production reports.
• Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance
• Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
• Institute employee suggestion programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA is a plus.
• 5 years of production management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must have experience with the following:
Manufacturing processes and production flow
Production planning and/or scheduling
High volume, high mix production schedule
Common sense problem solving skills
Excel & Word proficient