Industry: Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous•
5 - 7 years
Posted 434 days ago
The job of Production Manager is to plan, direct, and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct and coordinate production, processing, and distribution
• Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
• Review operations and confer with technical and administrative staff to resolve production and processing problems.
• Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
• Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff and resolve personnel grievances.
• Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products and directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
• Prepare and maintain production reports.
• Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance
• Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
• Institute employee suggestion programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA is a plus.
• 5 years of production management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must have experience with the following:
Manufacturing processes and production flow
Production planning and/or scheduling
High volume, high mix production schedule
Common sense problem solving skills
Excel & Word proficient