Software Development Director
Apply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Number: 172875
Job Title: Software Development Director (JobCode: CA0419)
Location: Costa Mesa,CA
Organization Name: ConsumerInfo.com, an Experian Company
Develop, plan, direct andcontrol strategic short and long term financial and operational goals andobjectives. Achieve goals and objectives through subordinate managers,supervisors and staff. Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to a group ofsubordinate managers, supervisors and staff. Develop policies and procedures thataffect departmental operations and may affect cross-organizational functions.Perform high-level planning for all software development projects. Manage allfacets of multi-track development efforts, including resource planning,contingency planning, project prioritization, and project scheduling. Developstrategies encompassing new technologies, highly specialized technicians,multiple platforms, and multi-tiered architectures. Interface with internal andexternal customers to gain understanding of product capabilities and projectrequirements. Work across enterprise systems, applications, and technicaloperations groups to resolve issues and problems that impede the developmentteam’s progress. Supervise 7 Software Engineers.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
JobRequirements and Qualification:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science orrelated field plus 3 years of experiencein software development. Employer will also accept no degree plus 5 years ofexperience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of experience.
- Software development experience.
- Experience with Restful APIs.
- Experience with AWS cloud architecture.
- Experience with micro service design.
- SPA web application experience.
- Knowledge of front end and back end frameworks.
- Experience with cloud deployed applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Proven track record of mentoring a team of developers.
- Knowledge of test driven development, including code coverage and profiling
- Knowledge of readability, extensibility and testability of code documentation.
- Web application security performance testing and tuning.