Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
You have a strong passion for design, a desire for pixel perfection, and the ability to turn complex wire frames and user flows into a design that is easy and enjoyable for people to use. You live for beautiful user experiences and understand how to flex these across multiple device types, platforms, and user states. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Dell Services IT is seeking an Associate Experience Director to join our multi-disciplinary UX team to design digital experiences for external and internal Dell customers. Our mission is to deliver simple and elegant digital experiences to a wide spectrum of Dell customers, from the person seeking help on the website to the technician in the field, or the agent on the phone, and everyone in-between. These experiences run the gamut from the website to mobile applications and internal software to help serve Dell customers. The Associate Creative Director is a crucial part of the UX team and works closely with User Experience Architects, Researchers, and business partners to deliver these solutions.
- Apply design thinking to the end-to-end customer experience.
- Provide design leadership, mentorship, and inspiration to a team of Visual Designers and UX Architects.
- Develop, apply, and oversee design, component, and brand standards across the team.
- This is a hands-on position. You will also be responsible for producing your own design work to provide examples and standards for the team.
- Intake complex technical requirements and communicate them back to the team in order to execute design deliverables.
- Translate business goals and requirements into effective digital experiences that help customers.
- Propose, lead, and participate in user research, usability validation, and A/B testing.
- Work closely with other team members including User Experience Architects, Business Owners, Product Managers, Content Strategists, and Development Teams to bring your designs to life.
- Take ownership of your projects as a whole, following them through to launch and relentlessly looking for the best way to solve business problems and improve the customer experience.
- Our ideal candidate will have 8+ years as an Associate Experience Director, Design Principle, Senior UX Designer, or similar role working with dynamic, high-traffic websites or software products. Digital agency experience or experience with a Fortune 500 company preferred.
- An eye for design in general; and an understanding of key principles of information design
- Experience creating website design deliverables and documentation that align to common grid systems and responsive design
- Experience managing UX designers with a work history that includes management and direct reports
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, Axure, Basalmiq, and other UX related tools.
- Ability to succinctly and effectively present an idea to a group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to gather feedback from peers and stakeholders and incorporate to improve the final product
- Experience following brand standards and UX patterns
- A track-record of delivering the highest quality of work, even under tight time constraints
- An outstanding online portfolio with relevant examples of finished digital work from website work as described above and must contain recent work examples from your professional experience. Portfolios that consist primarily of advertising or student work will not be considered. Bachelors degree in Design, Visual Communication, Information Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent work experience
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R03556