Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct and maintain a due diligence program with a span of coverage including model providers and certain Separately Managed Account Managers.
- Due diligence program will also include coverage of vendors utilized by Thrivent Investment Management, Inc. including product, managed account platform, and clearing & custody providers.
- Organize pre and post due diligence meetings with Brokerage Operations, Surveillance and Compliance regarding questions and answers for managed account platform and clearing and custody provider.
- Conduct due diligence on investments such as mutual funds, separate accounts and model portfolios.
- May include performing suitability analysis on trade recommendations provided to Thrivent Investment Management, Inc. by certain model providers to its discretionary manage account programs.
- May include the management of lists of Separately Managed Account managers and mutual funds that Thrivent Investment Management, Inc. makes available for use by Thrivent Financial Representatives with their clients.
- Partners with key stakeholders in a collaborative manner.
- Identifies and takes action to correct compliance deficiencies.
- Applies knowledge to business practice, communications or procedures to draw conclusions and to recommend appropriate action.
- Must have appropriate discretion and filters with regard to protecting sensitive information.
- Uses sound business judgment to identify solutions that are business friendly, yet compliant.
- Bachelor’s degree or significantly relevant and substantial work experience.
- 3-10 years of directly related experience in conducting due diligence on financial services firms. Experience interfacing with the Field force within a corporate environment is a plus!
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Investment research experiencepreferred
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 required or obtained within 90 days of hire/transfer
Other Critical Factors
- Mid to high levels of analytical and decision make skills.
- Experience in various applications, tools or methods as required for the function and/or business area;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail and excellent follow through.
- Collaborative approach and ability influence others.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and technical skills.
- Self- starter with the ability to shift work and priorities as needed.
- Ability to relate data insights to business actions/outcomes/conclusions. Utilize technology to create reports and/or secure information necessary for decision making in a manner that is readily consumable by leadership as a plus!
- Demonstrated ability to tailor key insights and messages appropriately for audience (senior leader, line manager, etc.).
- Ability to work at both a conceptual and detail level with strong statistical data analysis skills, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Open and accepting of new and diverse ideas, while showing appreciation for others’ background, expertise and contributions.
- Value the diversity of all employees and members, and effectively contribute to an inclusive work environment.