Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A Project Engineer is responsible for generating innovative and practical solutions to problems and performing fundamental engineering analysis to validate designs. He or she may also assist sales efforts by assisting with the generation of estimates and proposals. New processes and products are managed by Project Engineers through the first article adaption and transition to full scale production.
- Assist sales with generation of cost and technical proposals.
- Establish and update material, tooling, processes, and MRP definition for new and legacy products.
- Review, author, evaluate, and/or approve technical data including models, drawings, production planners, specifications, requirements, and procedures.
- Assist with qualification efforts.
- Review and participate in Material Review Board processes for nonconforming materials.
- Complete hands-on work with production and product development personnel to support fabrication of first articles.
- Abide by all safety, quality, personnel, and other policies as applicable.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual, and reliable attendance as set by the supervisor according to handbook guidelines consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Function as lead technical contact for internal and external communications.
- Support continuous process improvement measures.
- Specification testing per customer and certification requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the good of the department and company.
- Formal education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience: 5-7years of composites and tooling related experience. Experience with assembly processes and assembly fixture design and project management experience in a Theory of Constraints environment are preferred.
- Computer Skills: Must be able to use common office software and engineering software systems (Microsoft Office, CAD software, ERP, PLM).
- Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written forms with coworkers, customers and vendors.
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-Confidence in explaining and confirming results.
- Possesses a well thought, methodical sequence to ensure problems are resolved accurately and efficiently.
- Prioritizes tasks to meet production schedule.